IGNORED

96 Royal Star how can you make it faster.

Guest olijobo

Guest olijobo

96 Royal Star, how can you make it faster. I m not worried about winning any races, just like to have a little more power. any ideas. Thanks...:bighug:

I am not an expert on the Royal Star but from everything I've read, the biggest problem was that they limited the air box too much in an effort to keep it hidden and improve the looks. Baron's sells a "Big Air Kit" that is supposed to really help. Of course, it also means rejetting the carbs. The problem is that by putting the needed air into it, the carbs then end up being too small. You can change the carbs too and there is an article in the tech library that shows a method of doing so. If you don't want to go that far though, the BAK and re-jet might get you where you want to be.

The carbs and cams on the early Royal Stars are way, way too small for this engine's displacement. They are better on the later Ventures, but IMO still not big enough. The V Max itself has even bigger cams and carbs, on a smaller engine than ours. Since the engine is basically the same thing... V Max cams and valve springs are a drop in fit. The later Venture carbs will also fit pretty easily. There is a link for the tech article on that in my gallery. Unfortunately, the V Max carbs won't fit without a major amount of modification and work. After that, the V Max rear gear will give you a little better gear ratio in the back. These three things will turn your bike into a real hot rod. I would do the first two things first though. I still think there's room for more though. I'm still playing around a bit, but haven't accomplished anything yet.

BTW, we only have one real rule around here, and that is to post pics of your bike. :) So let's see some. I really like the early Royal Stars myself. For some reason I'm kinda partial the '96.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/messages check-out this forum for doing a big-foot mod to your bike and add a dyna-tech 3000 ign box and it'll add a good bit of zip to your bike. also with these bikes you have to whine out the gears and get into the higher rpm to really get the power out of the motor. you have a rev=limiter to keep from doing any damage to motor. the dyna-tech ign box raises the rev-limiter to a higher limit so you get more into the power band. if you live near any of the royal riders they may come over to help.