IGNORED

Just ran into this website...and no I haven't gone green on ya...

Condor

Yeah, I've been watching that site for the last few months. I like the idea. I thought about getting one for my daily 40-mile commute to/from work, but my wife didn't like the idea of spending more money on another bike. Sure has my interest, though.

Right, its easy to spend to much money on a vehical to save gas.

When it might be a lot cheaper to buy the Expensive Gas for the vehical you allready have.

Do the math, before you jump into alternative fuel vehicals.

Right, its easy to spend to much money on a vehical to save gas.

When it might be a lot cheaper to buy the Expensive Gas for the vehical you allready have.

Do the math, before you jump into alternative fuel vehicals.

4 or 5 years ago I'd have agree'd with you 100% George, but.... times are changing. Drive your current cage that gets 20 mpg 10,000 miles and you've bought 500 gallons of fuel. Presently that works out to $2,000 bucks at $4.00/gal. 20¢ per mile. And the price hasn't hit max yet. One of these scoots get's 100 miles out of a one dollar charge, or a penny a mile. If I could find something affordable that could be used to cheaply run errands around town I'd seriously look at it. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if golf carts start winning favor with the public. It costs me .31¢ a mile to run the F250 anywhere. 30 miles is pushing a 10 dollar bill. So it sits a lot and when it does get used it better be for a very good reason. Like picking up another Venture....:thumbsup2:

4 or 5 years ago I'd have agree'd with you 100% George, but.... times are changing. Drive your current cage that gets 20 mpg 10,000 miles and you've bought 500 gallons of fuel. Presently that works out to $2,000 bucks at $4.00/gal. 20¢ per mile. And the price hasn't hit max yet. One of these scoots get's 100 miles out of a one dollar charge, or a penny a mile. If I could find something affordable that could be used to cheaply run errands around town I'd seriously look at it. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if golf carts start winning favor with the public. It costs me .31¢ a mile to run the F250 anywhere. 30 miles is pushing a 10 dollar bill. So it sits a lot and when it does get used it better be for a very good reason. Like picking up another Venture....:thumbsup2:

Mostly depends on How Many Miles, a fellow has to drive, a day or a Week.

If 50 to 100 miles a day, I would go out tomorrow and get a 40 MPG car, ( a Cheap one ) !!

However, being retired now, My 2nd car with 120K on it, I drive about 50 miles a week, Its not cost effective to replace.

However, my wife drives about 150 miles a week, and at 15 MPG, I see where I might get her a 40 MPG vehical. But, new car, Sales Tax, I was doing ruff figures, and its about a wash as to cost.

But if the goes goes to $5.00 a gallon, yes, I will be looking for a 35 MPG car for her, and Parking the Chevy Blazer.

Edited by GeorgeS

I own a dodge ram, I get about 14-16 MPG, with a 26 gallon tank. Before gas rose, I'd fill it twice a week, @ $120.00, now gas is $86.00 a tank. The truck now sits more, and I ride the venture, to appointments, 38-41 is the best I can do.

I'm looking at converting my truck to ethanol. I own it, paid it off a year ago, is it worth 1700. to convert. I'm in pain right now. forget pulling the work trailer, I pay for it to sit in a storage yard.

People of the US. we're Screwed:confused24:

I own a dodge ram, I get about 14-16 MPG, with a 26 gallon tank. Before gas rose, I'd fill it twice a week, @ $120.00, now gas is $86.00 a tank. The truck now sits more, and I ride the venture, to appointments, 38-41 is the best I can do.

I'm looking at converting my truck to ethanol. I own it, paid it off a year ago, is it worth 1700. to convert. I'm in pain right now. forget pulling the work trailer, I pay for it to sit in a storage yard.

People of the US. we're Screwed:confused24:

YES SIR we are screwed.

and as long as people sit on their back sides and do nothing but complain, we will continue to be screwed.as long as we keep paying "THEIR PRICE", we will be the ones supporting their lavish lifestyle, and QUARTERLY mega$$$$ bonuses.

the choice is OURS!!!!!!

alternatives are available, even if they are inconvenient.

just jt

because our prices have been higher here for years, we see a lot more smaller and fuel efficient cars around. The Mercedes Smart car has been here at least 3 years maybe more and theres other like the prius etc. The high gas prices force a rethink of things that we do and how we do them. I think the days of buying and using a big vehicle every day when theres only one person in the thing are long gone.

The govts are encouraging fuel efficient purchases by giving a couple of thousand bucks off the purchase of a car that gets great mileage like a hybrid or a smart car. My ideal car isnt a smart car or a prius but with the rebate and the cost of gas over the lifetime of the vehicle I am definitelty downsizing next time.

The US has been sheilded from high gas prices that most of the rest of the world has had by their policies to support big oil, but now with the economy and the us dollar having issues, the US is going to catch up with most of the rest of the world in time.

Sorry guys!!!!

Brian

JT, I agree that the alternatives need to be used. I now ride every day to work and leave my Expedition sit. When we go in 4 wheels, we take Maggie's Ranger. It is full of E85 corn squeezings! E85 is about 40 cents a gallon cheaper. We only see 2 mpg drop in the city. The engine runs cooler and it doesn't rattle and ping. E85 is about 100 octane or so. We did have to change the spark plugs a few times. E85 cleans carbon out. I just change a plug when it fouls with garbage. We figure it will take a month or so to get the carbon cleaned out. Before this the truck went about 100,000 miles on normal gasoline.

JB

Guest HdHtr

Over a year ago I traded the Jeep GC for a couple of Hyundai Accents. I was commuting to WV, then DC at the time. Got one for Wifeypoo cause it's a bit of distance to get to town from where we live. Overall, well worth doing and cost effective at the time, even more so now. Avg 38 mpg.

Has anyone run E85 in their Venture? We are starting to get some green stations around here and I was wondering if anyone was having problems with this new fuel.

The original rubber O rings and gaskets need to be changed; ethanol causes it to swell, and will give you trouble. They sell synthetic rubber parts, but not as a kit for Ventures. E85 will affect your performance and mileage, not in a good way. Corrosion may be a problem, since ethanol absorbs water from the atmosphere much faster than gasoline. Aluminum & water don't mix well. Haven't tried it; don't plan to.

Over a year ago I traded the Jeep GC for a couple of Hyundai Accents. I was commuting to WV, then DC at the time. Got one for Wifeypoo cause it's a bit of distance to get to town from where we live. Overall, well worth doing and cost effective at the time, even more so now. Avg 38 mpg.

Has anyone run E85 in their Venture? We are starting to get some green stations around here and I was wondering if anyone was having problems with this new fuel.

Do a search for a forum regarding these electric scoots. It seems that there are a lot of expensive battery replacements to consider. I think you would be better off with a 150 cc 4 cycle scooter that gets about 80 mpg. The Chinese are flooding the market with these for about $1000. While there are some build quality problems, they seem to be very dependable once you get through the initial few problems.

Joe

Do a search for a forum regarding these electric scoots. It seems that there are a lot of expensive battery replacements to consider. I think you would be better off with a 150 cc 4 cycle scooter that gets about 80 mpg. The Chinese are flooding the market with these for about $1000. While there are some build quality problems, they seem to be very dependable once you get through the initial few problems.

Joe

Joe, if you poke around the site you'll find that these 'scoots' are actually considered MC's and a couple of models haul a$$. Not your typical $1000 chinese electric scooter.