IGNORED

poping after starting

REDRIDER52

Maybe some one can help with this? Last fall had the carbs syn. now after bike sat for a few months started bike and fired right up but one cyl. had a poping like a miss or backfire. any ideas on what it could be and how to correct.:confused24:

Thanks

You said that you HAD the carbs synced. That always scares me right off. I've seen MANY carbs synced by the dealers that are just way off. I would first try to have them checked again. It's not hard to do but dang if a lot of the dealers care to do it correctly.

You also said that it has set for a while. I would put a can of Seafoam in the gas and then run that tank out. May just be some trash in the carb.

Ok will try seafoam after I find some still wet and cold here. Won't get bike out for a while yet. Need some more rain to clean salt off the road. Don if I make it to maint. day maybe some one can check carbs for me don"t have the tool to do it.

That could be it. A set of plugs in the spring is not a major investment if you don't go with the high-dollar ones. I personally think this is the best way to go but have been thinking a lot about the Ididrum. If I could spell it I might buy a set and see how far they went.

Guest SALTY
Maybe some one can help with this? Last fall had the carbs syn. now after bike sat for a few months started bike and fired right up but one cyl. had a poping like a miss or backfire. any ideas on what it could be and how to correct.:confused24:

Thanks

heres what happened to me, I had popping on one side of the bike(LH) and it would only go away after bike was warmed up and choke pushed in(off). i took the tank off replaced plugs and noticed the front left was black. Tried it again and the same popping So i had a look at the carb skiders while i moved the choke knob in and out. Well one of the little brass choke plungers was not going in all the way when i pushed the choke knob in..So i removed the carb cover on that side(aftermarket) and i had to loosen off the slide screws (very soft metal) relaign it so the choke plunger would go in all the way and then tighten...Voila no more popping on warm up!

Try the sea foam though if bike beens siiting with out fueal stabilezer, the other thing i do for winter storage is put a piece of 3 1/2 -4 " wood under the kick stand so the bike sits more level.

Good luck