IGNORED

So...any problems with the new server

Freebird

Hi Don.

Not a criticism, but an observation to let you know - - - when I open a post it seems to take longer than it used to. Anywhere up to 5 or 6 seconds. Is that right, or just the curse of distance between USA and AUS?

aw it just takes a few seconds to flip the pic's upside down and from right to left so you can see it all like its suposed to be down there :whistling::banana::whistling:

Dray:15_8_211[1]:

Performance seems OK to me, but none of the searches I tried a little while ago came back with any hits.

Goose

You much have used the "Search" function in the left menu bar. I think I'm going to remove it completely. It only searches the "portal" which is basically just the home page the way I am using it. It does NOT search the forums. I think I'll just get rid of it as it cause more confusion and really doesn't offer anything. Use the search link in the menu bar at the top.

You much have used the "Search" function in the left menu bar. I think I'm going to remove it completely. It only searches the "portal" which is basically just the home page the way I am using it. It does NOT search the forums. I think I'll just get rid of it as it cause more confusion and really doesn't offer anything. Use the search link in the menu bar at the top.

You pegged it - this was the first and only time I ever tried that search selection (on the left). I would agree to dump it! Thanx

Goose

Don,

When I got home last night I couldn't get on the site using my regular book mark. Kept getting a message from you saying the site was down. This morning I got the same message so I Googled VentureRider.org and was able to get in and I book marked that and haven't had any more trouble.

Don,

When I got home last night I couldn't get on the site using my regular book mark. Kept getting a message from you saying the site was down. This morning I got the same message so I Googled VentureRider.org and was able to get in and I book marked that and haven't had any more trouble.

No, the old bookmarks will not work because they would be pointing to the old server. You should be good to go now.

No, the old bookmarks will not work because they would be pointing to the old server. You should be good to go now.

Bookmarks are just URLs, not IP adresses. They should all work fine. Mine do. I bet the problem was just the IP cache on his machine needing to be flushed.

Goose

Edited by V7Goose

Just logged in, had to do it twice. 1st time it immediately went to the blue box that says welcome Danob11, but when it went to home page it showed in the upper right hand box that I wasn't logged in. Did it again and it's ok. Temporary glitch? Lines too quick for the server? (8346 down, 2492 up, ping 113 ms from Indy to Cincy). Just wondering, no big deal. Cleaned out the old DNS thingy the other night when you guys posted it.

Thanks,

Dan

aw it just takes a few seconds to flip the pic's upside down and from right to left so you can see it all like its suposed to be down there :whistling::banana::whistling:

Dray:15_8_211[1]:

Oh my, this is a problem.... It would slow everything down! :sign20:

This is still happening today.... can't we post a new link on the old server, or at least a message telling users to use or search for a new link? There maybe others out there that think the site is down. (I did until today when a goggled a new link)