IGNORED

And now for something completely different

tarheelsone

Last week when Don sent the email out about the new costs that have been incurred. I immediately responded and paid for a full year up front. Now before you think I am tooting my own horn let me explain to you why.

I had narrowed my choice of motorcycles down to a either a Venture or a BMW 1200 LT. I ended up with the BMW. But for several years I had been a member of this forum reading how you guys reach out and help each other in very real and personal ways. I am a member of other BMW forums, but I haven't seen the level of camaraderie of this group. And I told Don this.

So here I am with no Venture, but I would love to be a part of this group and if anyone in or near Wilmington, NC needs something or just a riding buddy, look me up.

Thanks for letting me stay and be a member...

George

Welcome then, doesn't matter if you ride a venture.Now you don't live all that far from us, plus we got folks that live down near you. So keep an eye on the meet and eat section and check out the rally's section. We usually have a meet once a month in the area. This month we're heading to FL over the memorial day weekend. Next month is Don's maintenance day and if you want to head up just let us all know. I'm sure somebody will ride up with you.

My husband (muffinman) is working at Cherry Point Marine base, Beer30, Relaxin and the Mrs. Salty and his Mrs. live around Jacksonville. So you're in a good area to meet up with some of us. I may have missed some if so I'm sorry. Just going from who I've met.

Margaret

Hey George ,

I'm in Hubert , outside J-Ville about an hour way from you . Yes indeed , this is a unique family and all is Welcome here . If you can tolerate me , you'll have no problems with anyone else ! Look up my # in VR Assist. if you ever want to get together . Being onshore or offshore fishing .

BEER30

If the truth were known and I were to look at a new bike as the Warden keeps suggesting, I would have to look at the Concours 14. But I think its 1st Gens for me. I've sat and watched some nice ones go this spring. Mioght grab me another sometime of retire and put togater what I have. Nice 1st Gen in there somewhere just don't have time.

Antway it don't matter what you ride we take anybody. I think we even have a lawyer on a Wing hanging out around Skid's lately.

Not that is anything wrong with either. But you hear strange stories.....

Have their name and info added to the VR Assist list?

Go to User CP and edit your details . When the next update comes about , then everyone can download the info. Meanwhile you look upon your route for your trip and C & P the members info. that will be close to your route .

BEER30

BEER30

Glad to hear you got your bike, great choice to, If i had the cash, I would have one of those also, to go along with my other two...........You gonna make it to M/D at Freebirds.............

Good luck with the new ride................It doesnt matter what you ride, its that you ride that counts..........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My wife and I looked at the 1200 LT as well as Gold Wing and HD last year before settling on the RSV. The two finalists were the BMW and the Venture. My wife case the deciding vote based on passenger comfort. You have a nice ride there though! We've been talking about an Outer Banks ride. We'll holler if we head down your way!