IGNORED

Got my new Avons today, WoooHooooo!

Just had the new tire put on this evening to replace the crappy Bridgestones after 5300 miles. What a difference. The bike feels 200 lbs lighter. I had the shop fill the tires with nitrogen. Don't know if it was worth the 10 bucks or not. Time will tell.

DT

I've had my Venoms since last summer and they do a great job, even where I was skeptical. In the rain. Much better than I expected on wet roads. Over the winter storage they each lost about 15 lbs of pressure. They looked fine and I drove it to the station to air them up. I thought the bike was falling apart on the way there. Once I got them aired up it was back to business as usual. Amazing what a difference a few pounds of pressure can make in a tire.

As for the nitrogen, in my opinion, waste of money. Sure, they claim the tire runs cooler, maybe. The nitrogen really does nothing to help the tire or extend it's life. They say as far as running cooler it maintains the load rating of the tire. Take a good look the the load ratings on the Avon Venoms. You are going the have to do some serious buffet table action to crowd the limits on these donuts. They can take it with room to spare. Air me up, for free...........or 50 cents or whatever it's up to these days.

Edited by Snaggletooth

Guest Saddletramp

Research done by others have came to the conclusion that for average uses the nitrogen is a luxury and definitely not worth it.

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

If I wanted to switch over to the Avon Venoms, which sizes will I need to replace the OEM tires?

I stayed with the stock sizes on Avons,no leveling links and that alone made a world of difference. Some go to the smaller front tire but personally with the Avons and stock size it made a world of difference in handling.

I went back with the stock sizes. I had previously tried the smaller front on my '04 and I didn't like it on the highway.

I'll have to let you know in a few months how the nitrogen works. For 10 bucks it's no great loss. I've pissed a lot more away on other things that didn't work.

DT