IGNORED

HELP, Radio cuts out

Guest clearjohn

Guest clearjohn

I'm on a 07 Midnight Venture, I have a Sirus radio hooked up throught a casset adapter, it cuts out at about 78-80 MPH, the radio comes up and says no signal and when I drop back to about 75 it comes back on, the rest of the system is fine, has anyone experienced such a thing??

Thanks in advance for any info.

Love the forum

John

Pensacola FL

any chance the antenna cable is being caught by the wind and causing it to slightly disconnect from the unit? Sounds crazy, I know but .....

I just put a new XM unit on mine...haven't had a chance yet to get out riding but I sure hope I don't have this problem....or any other for that matter!

Guest clearjohn
I was gonna say your out runnin it. :rotf:

Never heard of that before. Where is the Antenna mounted ?

It is on the handlebars just in front of the front brake m/c

I have a Sirius radio on mine, I have moved the antenna to the middle of the luggage rack at the suggestion of a Sirius/xm installer at Myrtle Beach bike week. it helped but still cuts out from time to time. I had mine mounted on a plate over the front brake m/c and also on the dash over the speedometer behind the windshield.The dash worked better the the brake m/c. Good luck in finding a good place. Still looking myself:think::think:

Guest clearjohn

Thanks, I was wondering if I was loosing my mind, I'm wondering if it isn't some sort of interference from the motor, but that is unusual for sat.

Anyway, I'm glad that someone else has experienced a simular situation. Let me know if you see/hear of a solution.

Guess I'll just have to slow the beast down a notch or two.

John:322:

Mine does that same thing. I doubt there is a perfect place to mount the Sat. antenna that will not get blocked once in awhile. If it's too bad, I just switch over to regular radio.

http://buzznet-88.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/marinerfan/default/XM_Radio_006--large-msg-121087927075.jpg

I believe the antenna is getting blocked by the windshield and me. On my truck, it's mounted on the roof and I do not have these kind of issues unless I'm in town and I get blocked by a building. So, short of attaching a pole on the bike and mounting the antenna up in the air I have to put up with the occasional "no signal".

Edited by Mariner Fan

The speed on the satellital systems can affect the signal. There is some doppler efect and the radio in a moment are not able to lock the sincronism with the signal.

That is normal, it will be hard to fix it.

Regards,