IGNORED

Move Successful

Pilot

Made the move in one piece. The wife and I successfully made the move from Del Rio Texas to Dover, DE our new home port for awhile I hope. We are staying on base while we close on a house in Harrington, which is just down the road a few miles. This place is like many others in the country, it’s a buyers market. We purchased a 7 year old 2300 sq/ft home on 1 acre for 230k. The original asking price was 302,999.00 but the house sat on the market for 293 days with no lookers. It’s a beautiful home but there’s just not that many people buying now. We looked at about 7 other homes that were originally 300k+ that had been reduced over time by at least 50k. All of the houses we looked at in this price range were beautiful homes in fairly new developments. None were older then 11 years, it’s a bad time to be selling in some areas but a great time to be buying in those area’s. The owners were so happy just to have an offer they never even came back with a counter offer. I fell sorry for the people that have to sell in this market, but it worked out for me because normally I could not afford a 300k house. And I can’t believe the taxes in DE, the taxes on the house we just bought were $1.302.00 in 2007, man I was paying almost 5k on a 210k home in Texas and almost 6k on the house in Illinois. We are hoping to close in about 10 days at least that’s what the realtor is saying. I hope so because my bike is outside with only a cover for protection, at least it’s on the Air Base so security is good, but the first thing I do before bed is make sure it’s still there and it’s the first thing I do in the morning. I will have to update my email address when we are in the house and hooked to high speed. I’m using dial up now and man I must be spoiled because the speed is like a first gen....SLOW!

I’m using dial up now and man I must be spoiled because the speed is like a first gen....SLOW!

Pilot, that little comment will earn you wrath from the 1st gen gods, with which they can really turn up that WHINE that we hear from you guys!!!!!!!! Really, I think you've got it backwards,,,,, you're using a 2nd gen for your connection now, and just waiting to get back to that 1st gen speed!!!!!

:innocent-emoticon:

Dan