IGNORED

Brown seat 87' Royale

davepa

Still working on my chicken coop saved 87' Royale and I need to find a saddle. The previous owner had approx. 2 " of foam removed from the drivers portion of the seat due to a short inseam.

I am 6' 1" and I need the extra height to hopefully remove my knees from the fairing much less the fairing bags. The bottom side seam of the drivers seat is now even with the seat pan so I believe there is about 2" removed.

My local shop said they can not get the proper foam to reshape the seat to original specs.

What should I expect to pay for a used seat not needing recovered? I have been watching Ebay...what is a 87' seat worth? Once I find a good seat I will have one available to someone who is also inseam challenged, which is in very good to excellent condition and Brown.

One other question...are the seats from the 85' and earlier Ventures the same as the 86'-93's ?

Regards Dave

Edited by davepa

I have a brown oem saddle that I am not using that you are welcome to, as I was trying to downsize and make room. It isnt perfect, and needs a good cleaning, but no tears or rips. oops, almost forgot, its off my 85 1st gen.

I dont have a pic but when my camera gets charged i will post one.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

• 3 weeks later...
Still working on my chicken coop saved 87' Royale and I need to find a saddle. The previous owner had approx. 2 " of foam removed from the drivers portion of the seat due to a short inseam.

I am 6' 1" and I need the extra height to hopefully remove my knees from the fairing much less the fairing bags. The bottom side seam of the drivers seat is now even with the seat pan so I believe there is about 2" removed.

My local shop said they can not get the proper foam to reshape the seat to original specs.

What should I expect to pay for a used seat not needing recovered? I have been watching Ebay...what is a 87' seat worth? Once I find a good seat I will have one available to someone who is also inseam challenged, which is in very good to excellent condition and Brown.

One other question...are the seats from the 85' and earlier Ventures the same as the 86'-93's ?

Regards Dave

If your brown cover is in good shape and would still fit the original seat and foam I have an uncovered seat with all the foam intact. You are welcome to it.

Wayne

Hi Friesman 1,

Is that seat still available?

Barry

I offered it to a VR rider a couple of days ago, and he hasnt come to pick it up, so let me get in touch with him to see if he still wants it. If he doesnt, its all yours

Brian:cool10::cool10: