IGNORED

Ready to give up search for saddlebags

Guest Roadie

Guest Roadie

I have googled, ebayed,and advertised everywhere I can think of and am almost ready to give up and buy some after market bags. What I am after is a set of the black leather soft bags that came on the 1998,1999,2000 Tour Classic (sloped flap opening). I want to install on my Road Star. Anyone with any Ideas or with a pair sitting in the garage please PM or email me or simply post your guidance. Yes I checked Yamaha OEM.

Thanks

Make sure you look under "OEM Parts" To see the picture of the bike is at another sight. Just type in under google search. 2000 Royal star Tour Classic and your choice will come up.

Guest Roadie

Thanks TJ, but I have checked through OEM Yamaha parts, the problem is that they are dicontinued by Yamaha and there are not any left in stock (I checked with Yamaha star motors in Calif.) even though the dealers are still showing on most of their sites that they are available, I have confirmed from Yamaha that they are not.

Roadie

Roadie, I had a 1996 Royal Star Tour Classic. It was a great bike, blue/white with lots of extras. I saw a 1998 Tour Classic in green/white at the dealer when they came out, it had those bags on it, and they were very nice looking. I ended up trading for a 1999 Venture when they came out. Your're right, they would look great on a Road Star. Good luck, I've never seen those at any dealers, and I stop at a lot of them. Still see the earlier Tour Classic Sudded Bags sometimes.

Guest Roadie

Thanks guys for your input, I'm going to wait it out a bit, have a look at Taz's bags. I'm sure something will pop up.

Roadie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roadie

Thanks to everyone, picked up a set from Tazmocycle, all is well. I will post pic when I have then installed.

Roadie

• 1 month later...