IGNORED

Need some feedback on '83's performance

Lately I've been noticing sort of a glitch in the throttle when slowly cruising in low gears... 1st or 2nd..., without a load on the motor. The throttle is either on or off, and it makes it kinda tuff to maintain a steady speed. As long as I keep a load on the motor in say 3rd or 4th it responds fine, except the R's are way down. When in the lower gears if I let off on the throttle just a bit it's like I've rolled it completely off. It's getting herky jerky in street traffic.... The bike idles fine, and excellerates fine, and seems to have plenty of power, but the H&J is getting to be anoying. Out on the highway it seems to work fine at say 4200 in 5th. I also noticed a big drop in my fuel milage. Got 50+ during the ride to VWIII, but 38mpg to Fort Collins and up to now.. Any thoughts????

Been working on the diaphragms? Did you not tighten one down? I had a similar issue where i forgot to tighten one of the screws. Tightening it fixed it.

The last time I got into the phragms was 2 years ago before VWIII. They were perfect then. I don't think they would have gone bad since then, but I'll check. I think there's a smaller diaphragm that keeps the r's from dropping too quickly and prevents backfiring?? Although I'm not getting the back fire I wonder if one or two of those could be bad?????