IGNORED

Now I own both

Orrin

To make a long story short, I now own a Goldwing. Never fear, I have not deserted the RSTD. It is beatifully repaired, the man a Paragon Customs did an awesome job. Anyway, I met a man that had an 03 Goldwing for sale and he asked me what I would give him for it. I gave him a very low number and he took it. Could have knocked me over with a feather....so I had to write a check.

Well yesterday Linda and I were out on the bikes, (she has an 05 GW) and I took out mine for the first time. In some respects it is a fantastic machine...in others it is a dud.

I liked the power and torque...get on it at 30 mph in 5th gear and it just goes. The brakes are great and it handles well. Has great CB and am/fm radio. Good wind protection and great storage capcity. Mine has highway foot rests (I will get pics) and no matter how I move around, I just can't seam to get real comfortable. Then it dawned on me...this bike is cramped...maybe I have to get used to it.

The long and short of it is...I can see why people like the Venture's and the RSTD's...they are roomy, comfortable bikes that are fun to ride.

If mama Yama would make a few improvements...they could blow the bags off of Goldwings. Better electronics, fuel injection, better lights and electrical capacity, and way better brakes....I am satisfied with the power on the RSTD and the handling.

The RSTD is way easier to work on. I put a new air cleaner on the GW and it is a LOT of work! NOBODY should ever feal inadequate riding next to a GW...they are not perfect and need some improving ,too. Mybe I'll keep it, maybe I won't.

Just my first impressions

Guest JGorom

They each have their pros and cons no doubt. For two up riding my wife loves the wing over the Venture. I feel more comfortable on the Venture but the wing definitely has more get up and go...quick is probably a better way to describe the difference. Both can go fast, but the wing will get you there in any gear quicker than the Venture.

I see you have a 05 RSTD...that bike was by far my favorite bike of all time for riding solo. I liked it better than my Venture for one up riding.

You seem to be a lot like me in that you will probably like both bikes but have already identified the positives and negatives of each.

Enjoy them both for what they do...