IGNORED

Bar end weights

Thinking about re-gripping my RSV since they feel kind of small to me. After removing the bar end weight I noticed that the weight actually supports the end of the grip presumably to make the bar a touch longer for more steering authority? So my question is for those of you that have switched grips. Is there a bar end cap that will thread in like the OEM weights or did you just slide the grip farther up the bar and shift the MC's and mirrors to accommodate? I guess there is a third option to let the end of the grip hang out unsupported over the end of the bar?

OK, the real purpose of the bar end weights is to dampen out vibrations. If you want to change the throwback and width of the bars you need to go to aftermarket bars and a lot of times you need to have longer brake and clutch hydraulic lines as well as longer throttle cables. A lot of us like the Flanders bars to bring the controls back a bit.

Aftermarket grips will require not using the bar weights or need modifications to make them work. My choice was Kuryakin (sp) grips with their own end weights. I like the comfort of them, and did consider drilling and tapping to make the Venture weights work which a few people have done in the past, but it looked like too much work at the time...

Thinking about re-gripping my RSV since they feel kind of small to me. After removing the bar end weight I noticed that the weight actually supports the end of the grip presumably to make the bar a touch longer for more steering authority? So my question is for those of you that have switched grips. Is there a bar end cap that will thread in like the OEM weights or did you just slide the grip farther up the bar and shift the MC's and mirrors to accommodate? I guess there is a third option to let the end of the grip hang out unsupported over the end of the bar?

So what I did on my 07 Venture was to put Grip Puppies over my grips, they are foam rubber of some type, made the grips larger in diameter, softer and they are not expensive, just soap up the grip and inside the Grip Puppy and slide them on. Now I am not sure if Grip Puppies are still available, but I needed the same thing for my Goldwing and I used Shingrips.

Here is a link to a source for Shingrips, https://www.shop.shinhopples.com/category.sc?categoryId=103

Thanks guys...I know the bar ends are supposed to limit vibration but was just wondering if there were aftermarket tips instead of those steely Dan looking things that are on there. I found the grip puppies on Amazon and might give those a shot. I don't really mind the bar ends and I guess I could cut them off and shape them however I want but was looking for a factory option. The rise and pull back of the bars is fine I just notice the grips are thinner than all my other bikes.