Has anyone installed a dual - or heck single - camera system? I have one but I only have a very basic knowledge on wiring - it looks like there are a couple built in unassigned connectors - the black next to the two white ones at the top. Can I connect my red and black wire to connector that will connect to that preexisting one?

Thanks.Venture WIring.jpg

Has anyone installed a dual - or heck single - camera system? I have one but I only have a very basic knowledge on wiring - it looks like there are a couple built in unassigned connectors - the black next to the two white ones at the top. Can I connect my red and black wire to connector that will connect to that preexisting one?

Thanks.https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115197

It doesn’t sound as if you’ve looked at your manual. The connection is NOT anywhere near the seat area. It’s located in the left side up near the “power head” or “control unit”. I contacted Yamaha asking for any information on format it may be using, but they refused to give me info because they stated “they are developing their OWN camera for the unit and price point is around $279. No wonder they won’t say anything since you can get a very nice HD with IR night view for less than $30.

Putting aside the snark, I have read my manual. I am not looking to run a camera through the infotainment system. Looking to hook up a separate unit and was curious about the connectors.

I also had already read the posts about the potential of the yamaha camera.

But hey thanks for the welcoming feel.

Putting aside the snark, I have read my manual. I am not looking to run a camera through the infotainment system. Looking to hook up a separate unit and was curious about the connectors.

Sorry, didn’t mean it that way. The Service Manual also has the schematics designating every connector in the area you’re looking and shows where the wires tie in.

I’m preferring to hook up to and utilize the existing Infotainment function for “rear view” camera. One of my projects in the New Year. Gonna need it for our coast to coast trip in July.

Welcome to the forum !

You'll find this site to be different than most other forums. When ChiefGunner referred you to the manual he wasn't being difficult....just pointing you to a source of info. You will get the odd joking comment but no nasty comments.

What camera systems are you looking at? I like the idea of dual cameras for capturing video/images while riding. Would be interested on what your searching finds.

• 1 month later...
Welcome to the forum !

You'll find this site to be different than most other forums. When ChiefGunner referred you to the manual he wasn't being difficult....just pointing you to a source of info. You will get the odd joking comment but no nasty comments.

What camera systems are you looking at? I like the idea of dual cameras for capturing video/images while riding. Would be interested on what your searching finds.

I went with the Bluesky DV 188. Front camera under the front cowl and the rear camera centered under rear trunk. Pasadena, CA Yamaha dealer helped me with the wiring connection questions. The is a spare two wire port that is ready to go. The camera now turns on when the bike goes on. The camera is also set to lock the recording if there is a collision/accident. The only problem I have so far is that the largest loop you can record is 10 minutes. And while there is a button I ran to the handle bars that will take dual photos, I would like some way to save a section of video footage.

• 1 month later...
I went with the Bluesky DV 188. Front camera under the front cowl and the rear camera centered under rear trunk. Pasadena, CA Yamaha dealer helped me with the wiring connection questions. The is a spare two wire port that is ready to go. The camera now turns on when the bike goes on. The camera is also set to lock the recording if there is a collision/accident. The only problem I have so far is that the largest loop you can record is 10 minutes. And while there is a button I ran to the handle bars that will take dual photos, I would like some way to save a section of video footage.

Just as an additional followup having used it for a while, it actually isn't a loop. It saves 10 minutes (or whatever length you pick) in a separate file and keeps doing it until the SD Card is full. Then it goes back and starts saving over the oldest. This is perfect. When you hit the button, it puts a photos and video section in another folder that doesn't get overwritten. I like this feature. The only problem now is the mounting. The rear camera which is mounted on the rear bag brace is perfect. The front one, I put under the front cowl. The cowl flexes a little while you ride, so the camera has a slight wavy affect to it. I am still pondering a secure place that doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

Hello, I also live in the So Cal area, who is you contact at Pasadena Yamaha?

i would like to install the cameras.

Getting the wiring information would be a huge help.

Hello, I also live in the So Cal area, who is you contact at Pasadena Yamaha?

i would like to install the cameras.

Getting the wiring information would be a huge help.

Actually the whole group I get a long with - Patrick is my main guy though. The mechanic who was doing the maintenance simply hook the wire into the spot. I ran all the wiring my self, I just wanted to make sure hooking into the spare 2 wire mount was ok. An it is. You can see it in the photo I uploaded.