IGNORED

Dust and trust washers

So, I have had my post on dust covers and thrust washers up for a while now and Cowpuc is the only person to respond and he's defiantly not sure about what I'm referring to.

These are the washers with the seals on them that go on the Arm and Arm 1 at the bottom of the spring/shock thingy, right next to the whatchamacallit.

ONE of these is available at usury prices on the internet, SOMEBODY here has run into this before, I need to know what o use instead of the Yamaha parts, anybody?

So, I have had my post on dust covers and thrust washers up for a while now and Cowpuc is the only person to respond and he's defiantly not sure about what I'm referring to.

These are the washers with the seals on them that go on the Arm and Arm 1 at the bottom of the spring/shock thingy, right next to the whatchamacallit.

ONE of these is available at usury prices on the internet, SOMEBODY here has run into this before, I need to know what o use instead of the Yamaha parts, anybody?

I gather you're referring to parts 22, 23, 24 in the following? Last year I tried to rebuild the swingarm components on my '84 - washers, bushings, etc. The parts are hard to find and expensive. Someone on the list here may know of other aftermarket substitutes.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.30.54 AM.jpg

I gather you're referring to parts 22, 23, 24 in the following? Last year I tried to rebuild the swingarm components on my '84 - washers, bushings, etc. The parts are hard to find and expensive. Someone on the list here may know of other aftermarket substitutes.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114693

Yes, those are the parts. Some are available on line from the New Old Stock sellers, however the least expensive I have found is $16.?? + shipping of $8.??.

As I need all of these for the 88 (I believe there are 4 of each part number shown in the parts book for the '88) I'm not spending $64.00 for what is essentially a a washer with some rubber bound to it. I think I can do just as well with some neoprene rubber (cut out a ring and bond it to the washer) and RTV rubber for about $5.00. In other words those prices are exorbitant. Those sellers will have those parts a LONG time.

Or try:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-NOS-XVZ1200-1300-RZ350-FZ600-FJ600-COVER-THRUST-2-26H-22129-00-00-37-/282716140385

Or maybe just make one from a plastic bottle cap with a rubber insert. There is little to no pressure on these so it's not like they will be under stress and crack I don't think.

Thinking about doing some thing like that!.