IGNORED

Camping Gear

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Ok...not exactly 'riding gear'...but I found a source on the net for camping gear, mainly tents and sleeping bags and pads, made especially for bikers who camp!

I have placed an order, and when one item was out of stock, one of the owners emailed me to offer alternatives, and then invited me to visit him at their booth in Sturgis when I get there....not a big deal, but hey, so many internet vendors have automated email and this was a nice change.

Here is the link:

http://www.fullthrottlecamping.com

They have a nice selection of oversize bags, and pads that slip into a sleeve on the sleeping bag, so you dont slide off your air matress onto the cold hard tent floor!

Cool!

This is not a discount house, just good stuff at reasonable prices. Good place to spend that Economic Incentive Check! I look forward to using the gear I purchased....I'll let yall know how it turns out.

Guest tx2sturgis

Just received the merchandise today...looks good...now it just needs a 'test drive' on a nice cool nite in the mountains!!

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey bud...I have seen those at the rallies...thing is, they sure do pack large.

I do better with a little half cover for my bike...packs really small, and I can use it when parked at various events during the rally...and easily deploy it at motels if needed along the way. I use mine more for shade for the bike...to help with the UV up in the mountains...rain never hurt my bike, but UV sure does.

I have found that at the large rallies, where you park at a concert or other massive parking area with thousands of other bikes, I can always easily find mine even in the dark with that grey half-cover on it! Ever wandered thru a big lot filled with a thousand bikes and wondering...now where the hell is mine?

If I was gonna camp on several week-long trips during the year, that might be something to look at tho.

• 1 month later...

There's a book at Borders Bookstore in the motorcycle section written by a biker

that talks just about motorcycle camping. I thumbed through it and got a lot of good ideas, forgot the authors name but it was the only one on the subject.

Gary

There's a book at Borders Bookstore in the motorcycle section written by a biker

that talks just about motorcycle camping. I thumbed through it and got a lot of good ideas, forgot the authors name but it was the only one on the subject.

Gary

This one?

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/motorcycle-camping.html

I got it as a gift a year or so ago. It's pretty good and not a thick reference guide, so it's pretty easy to find info quick in it.

I'm not sure it's the only one, I think i saw a one or two more in the last Aerostitch catalog i got, but I couldn't find it for reference.

I've found quite a bit of stuff that i needed and will fit on the bike at sportsmansguide.com also.