IGNORED

Replacement LED bulb for front turn signals

Toeman

I am trying to find a source for a led bulb for the front turn signal/driving light. I was able to find a replacement for the rear turn signals at "Supebrite LED's but they apparently don't have a bulb that works for the front. the stock bulb has 3 pins and 2 electrical points contact points. I have also tried auto part stores but no luck.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Thank you

Nobody but Yamaha makes that goofy 3 pin bulb, I think you can use a standard 1157 and grind off one pin (I do not remember which one) and it will work. There are some threads somewhere about how to do it. the same would apply to the LED bulb.

that helps a bunch, thank you

Nobody but Yamaha makes that goofy 3 pin bulb, I think you can use a standard 1157 and grind off one pin (I do not remember which one) and it will work. There are some threads somewhere about how to do it. the same would apply to the LED bulb.

Kind of funny though as the bulb says "Stanley" on it.

Chrome Glow makes a really cool LED replacement unit that comes in both a 3 prong and 2 prong version. the LED array is white for normal operation, but when you put the turn signals on it changes to amber and does a cool circular thing when first turned on. They are designed to fit exactly in the housing...

Chrome Glow makes a really cool LED replacement unit that comes in both a 3 prong and 2 prong version. the LED array is white for normal operation, but when you put the turn signals on it changes to amber and does a cool circular thing when first turned on. They are designed to fit exactly in the housing...

sounds like this is what I am looking for.

Thank you

Not sure if this is helpful but I found this diagram for my build it converts a 2 wire led to run in a 3 wire system hope this helps. Do please note that I have not yet tried this just had gathered the information while waiting for my parts, also you note this is a 2 to 1 diagram for 3 to 2 the third wire connects to ground wire of led if that makes sense

60C245AF-97E1-4736-AB47-004B5080E895.jpeg

Edited by Harddrv1

I have run into some cheap LED turn signal bulbs that will not work on all bikes. On the 1st gen when the turn signal in in the off part of the cycle the flasher is providing a ground to the signal wire. this causes all kinds of mayhem and in short (pun intended) makes it just not work. I do not know if the 2nd gen also grounds the signal wire during the off cycle of the flasher. Where this causes an issue is on the front bulbs that are both turn signal and running light. Some cheap bulbs have the 2 separate circuits internally connected, Some bulbs do not. Just something to look for.