IGNORED

Requesting Dyna 3000 advice

I ordered one and should be getting it this coming week. Any tips for installing and setting it up? What settings (redline and advance curve number) do you guys that have one use? I have stock pipes/jetting with K&N filters will I have any jetting issues after adding the Dyna ignition or not and if I add khrome werks or bub slip ons a little later on will I then have to re-jet or is it still ok stock (not that I'm adverse to that, I'd just like to know how much I'll end up spending :D )?

Mine is set on 7250 and curve 3. I think..but am not sure...that is the setting that most people use.

You should not have to rejet after adding the mufflers. Most people don't and they work great. A couple of people have mentioned that you can indeed improve the performance a bit by rejetting though. I've run several different mufflers and have never felt that I needed to change the jets.

Cool thanks for the info. It actually arrived this morning and I installed it at 7000 with curve 3. We'll see if it does anything noticable when I ride a bit tomorrow.
like don, i'm running the 7200 rev limit and curve 3,but also have richened the pilot circuit quite a bit,running k&n filters, and baron nasty boys with modified baffles for more low end.ive hit the limiter and it's still pulling strong.i think it comes close to pulling the front wheel in a low gear roll on.gets awful light in the front end.the modified baffles and drilled out pilot jets really made a difference in low end torque.i think if the main jets were about .003 bigger i could pick up another 5 hp on the top end.did'nt have the right size drill bit for the mains when i drilled out the pilot jets.still get mileage in the low to mid forties all the time.some day i will pull the carbs and play with the main jets.:)

Guest blumax77

hi, i've played around rejetted these carbs quite a bit looking for the balance between milage and performance. with the motor in factory form,{cam,heads,ign curve exhaust head pipes ect} the factory settings are hard to beat, except for the pilot jet. the factory jet settings are: main #95,main air jet#120,pilot air jet#115,pilot jet#18. go up to a #20 or 21 pilot jet for a little better off idle ,throttle response. of course, none of these numbers are cast in stone if the motor breathing has been altered{air filter and pipes ect}. these numbers will give you a baseline to start, after that you'll have to read your sparkplugs! thanks rus

• 3 months later...

I have BUB slipons, K&N filters, otherwise stock. Here in Calgary we are at 3000+ feet. On the Dyno, my tuner liked curve 2 the best - curve 3 was dropping off above 6600 RPMs, also curve 2 was a bit more robust at low end. I have the limiter set at 7250 and it's still building when it hits it. I haven't lived with it for long yet but the difference is noticeable. My tuner didn't see any need to touch the jets / needles etc. It may be that at this altitude the pilot circuit isn't too lean.....

Cheers,

Bob LeDuc