IGNORED

Looking for a trailer to haul bike

I would recommend that you look at a Wells Cargo trailer, they make a 14' cycle trailer. It is a one axle, 3000# trailer. It has rear jacks on it. This is a good example. You might want a little more height. I currently have an older Homesteader that is 14' and is 6' 6" inside. Added a side door and it is Single axle. The 3000# is nice in that it does not require brakes and many mini vans and larger can pull it. Mine holds the Venture nicely with room on all sides. If you add brakes you could go to 3600#, but I do not have the room inside to put two VR's.

I added 5000# tie downs in the floor, also added an extra 3/4" floor. Put in lighting and will probably add a winch soon. Have fun looking.

Man, you have some of the best trailer mfg right there in middle Georgia. One that I am considering is Kingdom Trailers. They have reutilized some of the Mobile home building facilities there. Has all the features of a much higher priced trailer.

I've decided to get an enclosed trailer to haul my bike and luggage and other items I take with me on the road. Any advice on which make,size,how many axels, v-nosed or regular. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Bob

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_110.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZN

I have a 6 x 12 Haulmark that will work very well 4 one bike. There are lots of great options for one bike. I'm in the process of fixing the inside of mine up since I bought it used. New panelling some cabinets, etc.. Good luck.

A 2nd gen Venture will fit into a 6x10 enclosed trailer (I know, cause I had one).

There is room to NOTE: "carefully squeeze" between the bike and the inner walls on the sides. As big as I am I was able to carefully move around between the bike and the walls.

Having a side entrance door provides fast easy access to those items you would need often..

With the front wheel of the bike touching the inner front wall, there will be 3 inches from the rear luggage rack to the rear door.

If I had to choose to do it again, I would purchase at minimum, an 8 x 12 "V" nose enclosed trailer with a side entrance door.

I personally would not need anything bigger since I would only be hauling the bike...

I do not own a 4 wheeler or anything where I would need a bigger trailer.

Make sure you get jack stands for under the rear ramp door..and use them.. ask me how I know...