IGNORED

Insurance?

snyper316

Who in here has been in accidents. I have to wait till Wednesday for some reason some 5 day letter due to owner and driver of truck that hit me not cooperating with there insurance company. Then was told after that they need to have someone come to confirm the damage? Why have I went and got 4 different estimates? They all basically state the same its totalled!! Meanwhile I'm milking whitey for all he is worth hoping he holds out. I can't get rental or haven't been offered one. I know the first offer will be a low ball!! Was talking to my landlord today he is 3rd person to tell me they will only pay half what my Tahoe was worth high side of private party sale price was $7400 last week this week its saying $6200. I will still have to get plates transferred which in Missouri you pay sales tax at title transfer so you figure in the 8.752% here in Joplin. I also owe $1001.96 on the truck come next Friday before I make my $205.00 payment.. I'm just slightly worried I won't get what I need to replace my Tahoe. So what factors do they consider when offering a settlement?

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

In KY they pay market value plus sales tax. No book value, local dealer average of similar cars.

This would be very good here, now just depends on dealer... But there is 2 close by one is a 2001 the other being a 2003. Now here is the kicker the 2003 has all the bells and whistles for $10,995... The 2001 is basically same as mine but Red and they are trying to get $12,995 out of it... I can dream I guess... Now if I go to other dealers that sell them for cash and missing things and windows not working. Not sure if thats because of missing button on rear passenger door or what but the its a 2005 asking price on it is $6290 its is also a Yukon XL... O and its missing head rest on second row seats. The 3rd row seemed like they were stuck but its a full bench seat and is supposed to be removable. Guess I will see what happens I just tired of dealing with it but I have my head set on a number which is between the lower number and the highest number...

It also helps if it is a reputable company. Some pay fairly, some are hell to deal with.
I don't know who reputable is but I'm dealing with American Family. I have dealt with the in 98 and was lied to, then again the year Dale got killed hitting the wall. That time I didn't get a wooden nickel they somehow managed to exclude me from being in the vehicle that was hit. Something happened my lawyer couldn't win I guess was the fact that I kept giving same statement the truck hit us!! According to truck driver we hit him which I did not know was his statement because I had left to get help plus I refused help and only got to see Dr 4 times before he demanded money which I did not have nor insurance that would cover me for car accident. So maybe 3rd time is a charm....

Well I may kick myself in the a$$ over this but, Finally the ball is rolling. Medical Claims adjuster calls me I only went to ER to be checked out.. But they offered to pay all medical bills and pay me for pain and suffering. Maybe I should have tried to get more money, But I was not injured I only got checked out they are paying my $1,500 Bill plus giving me a little on top of that. Being as I wasn't even really seeking that I think that what they offered is fair those Checks are IN the mail... also went and got rental car but feel like I am wearing it...

Message_1523571173357.jpg

Still got the adjuster coming by for the truck tomorrow so we will see where this one heads. Hopefully I can get another Tahoe I found a nice one over In Tulsa, OK. Only thing that sucks if I go out of state for a vehicle it becomes a PITA because I have to get ID/OD verification. Just another reason for the GUMENT to get more money...

Hopefully they'll be straight up. My experience is that a rental car gets them in gear for a quicker settlement. To them rentals are extra expense and want to get it settled as soon as possible to get out from under that expense. Having gone thru this recently with wife's wreck they paid quick and a fair price. The medical is gonna drag out for a year or more, I hope they treat us right then too.

Hopefully they'll be straight up. My experience is that a rental car gets them in gear for a quicker settlement. To them rentals are extra expense and want to get it settled as soon as possible to get out from under that expense. Having gone thru this recently with wife's wreck they paid quick and a fair price. The medical is gonna drag out for a year or more, I hope they treat us right then too.
When she told me they were sending me a check for 6 for us both after paying our bills I kept asking so your paying my bill at the hospital and giving me and my son 6. And reading it I figured heck now that's pretty cool I was sore for 4 days but I was good. William he was just peachy so...

Well my dreams were shattered... I got more then what my truck booked for... would have been nice to get my truck tooken care of before the value tanked this month!! I still have my truck and retained it for blue book value of a Fair vehicle...