IGNORED

Disapointed Yamaha was a no show

Pic

Went to the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Dallas, TX Sunday wanting to see the new Venture and Eluder. Yamaha was not at the show. Harley, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda and Polaris where all there. What's up with that?

That is disappointing. I was "almost" thinking of going to the one in DC (but probably not really..).

I went to the Atlanta Great American Motorcycle show two weeks ago because their promo said it would have many foreign bikes.

It was a joke,, foreign bike was Vespa. There was one local BMW dealer but most of the rest was motorcycle lawyers and same/same bike leather dealers. Oh,, and some RV's, go figure.

A real waste of a 500 mile round trip.

Glad I did not make plans for IMS - DC.

That is disappointing. I was "almost" thinking of going to the one in DC (but probably not really..).

I went to the Atlanta Great American Motorcycle show two weeks ago because their promo said it would have many foreign bikes.

It was a joke,, foreign bike was Vespa. There was one local BMW dealer but most of the rest was motorcycle lawyers and same/same bike leather dealers. Oh,, and some RV's, go figure.

A real waste of a 500 mile round trip. Glad I did not make plans for IMS - DC.

Well, that doesn't sound good. I've been planning to go to the Chicago show this weekend (just to scratch the mid-winter itch) but I guess I rather not drive all of the way there, pay stupid $ to park and stupid $ to get into the show, if there isn't anything interesting to look at. I've got enough leathers and wouldn't talk to a lawyer no matter what. I was kinda hoping to convince my riding friend to get a bike with a lower seat height and maybe seeing the choices would help him make the leap. He had a knee operation last fall and so I had to ride his bike to its winter storage spot - a very tall bike where it was hard to touch the ground. The winter blizzard conditions in Wisconsin seem to be dissipating, but the snow coming to Chicago is still in the forecast. I won't purposely drive into Chicago in a winter snowstorm!

zag

Well, that doesn't sound good. I've been planning to go to the Chicago show this weekend (just to scratch the mid-winter itch) but I guess I rather not drive all of the way there, pay stupid $ to park and stupid $ to get into the show, if there isn't anything interesting to look at. I've got enough leathers and wouldn't talk to a lawyer no matter what. I was kinda hoping to convince my riding friend to get a bike with a lower seat height and maybe seeing the choices would help him make the leap. He had a knee operation last fall and so I had to ride his bike to its winter storage spot - a very tall bike where it was hard to touch the ground. The winter blizzard conditions in Wisconsin seem to be dissipating, but the snow coming to Chicago is still in the forecast. I won't purposely drive into Chicago in a winter snowstorm!

zag

Zagger,,, I was talking about "The Great American Bike Show" in Atlanta, not the IMS. There is no longer a southeast IMS show. I would go to an IMS show if it wasn't 500 miles away.

Mike G in SC

Went to the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Dallas, TX Sunday wanting to see the new Venture and Eluder. Yamaha was not at the show. Harley, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda and Polaris where all there. What's up with that?

Hi Pic, Puc here, wassup!!

Maybe a quick call around your area's local dealerships would be revealing... I know here in Michigan the new Yam's are here in stock = both the Venture and the Eluder.. My neighbor called this morning to let me know that even the new Wing is now here locally for viewing (we are still buried under many feet of Fool's White Wash so no demoing yet) and I have been reading that even those are being sold/ridden down there in Texas... Maybe you could just stop by a dealership and take view???