IGNORED

Switched power question

Read the thread stating any available brown wire is a switched power wire.

I've added the amp and some lights to the fender bolts. Got the tank off and power run to the lovely relays. Now I just need switched power.

Tap the headlight wire? Or something convenient? The Yamma instructions for adding lights don't give me a warm fuzzy.

There is a switched power plug by the battery under the seat. It's a little white plug that goes to nothing.

It has a cap on it and it looks like this.

http://buzznet-68.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users16/marinerfan/default/Wire_plug_003--large-msg-120472057782.jpg

Bob

Read the thread stating any available brown wire is a switched power wire.

I've added the amp and some lights to the fender bolts. Got the tank off and power run to the lovely relays. Now I just need switched power.

Tap the headlight wire? Or something convenient? The Yamma instructions for adding lights don't give me a warm fuzzy.

You can tap into the HL wire, but I would advise against it. Even though they draw minimal power you are just adding places for the HL circuit to short out and that's not a good thing. You can use the Aux connector wires and just inline splice into it.

You can tap into the HL wire, but I would advise against it. Even though they draw minimal power you are just adding places for the HL circuit to short out and that's not a good thing. You can use the Aux connector wires and just inline splice into it.

Aux connector? If it's that one by the battery it will be the home of my zumo.

Want something that will kill the extra lights and amp when starting.

I eventually plan on using that when I get the Zumo.

There's got to be something in the fairing I can tap.

SaltyDawg is talking about the auxiliary power port on the lower left side of your fairing.

I tapped into this wiring to power the relay to my driving lights.

SaltyDawg is talking about the auxiliary power port on the lower left side of your fairing.

I tapped into this wiring to power the relay to my driving lights.

The cigarette lighter? Does that cut out when you hit the starter?

The cigarette lighter? Does that cut out when you hit the starter?

It's actually not a cigarette lighter, it is an aux power port and no it does not cut out when you hit the starter. And that is what I am talking about. I currently run a Garmin Streetpilot 1, XM Roadie 2, and the relay for my passing lights off that circuit and have never had a problem with it.