IGNORED

Leaving HD need some help.

Welcome to Venture Riders, I'll just add two things to what has been said, one of the cheapest mods you can do is lower the front end an inch no parts to buy and it will feel like you added power steering at slow speeds and in parking lots and the very best accessory you can have for your new ride is a membership to VentureRiders it will be the best investment you can make. :080402gudl_prv:

• 3 months later...

I realize this thread is 5 months old, but I thought I'd add my two cents. I've had two Gen 2 RSV's (1999 and my current 2008) and one Gen 1 Venture (1983). I've also had two HD Electra Glides. I recently sold my Electra Glide Ultra and bought my second Gen 2 RSV. The Harley is an awesome bike, but my wife and I like the RSV better. It's more comfortable for both of us. My wife is 5' 6" about 125lbs. She's not big by any means. I'm 6' 190lbs - again not a big guy. The seats on the RSV are so incredibly soft and comfortable, it's like riding in my wife's Buick LeSaber! The passenger seat offers more support for my wives thighs then the HD did and I have more leg room as compared to the Ultra. There is tons of space between us on the RSV and its quiet so we can have a conversation (ok so the loud pipes on the HD were my fault)

Design is subjective, but I've always liked the Gen 2 styling better than the Electra Glide. It think it's the coolest looking touring bike ever made. I fell in love with the first one I saw in a showroom in 1999.

Having ridden both HD's and Ventures, I think the HD is a little less intimidating. The center of gravity is lower, the wheel base is a little shorter and the Harley touring suspension makes for a better handling bike than the Venture's "soft tail" style shock set up.

My solo bike is an '05 HD Heritage softail. Another beautifully styled machine. It has a similar rear suspension and it does not stick to the road like the HD touring suspension. Let's face it, they've been perfecting the HD models for 100+ years. They're frame geometry engineering is pretty rock solid.

I was in my 30's when I had the Gen 1 and that bike was a blast. It was fast and nimble and the styling was ahead of it's time. I thought about picking up another, but now that I've had knee surgery I think the peg position would bother my knee. I like having my legs stretched out in front or me. The rear seat was not as comfortable as the Gen 2 because it has a lower and smaller back rest.

My wife and I are so happy to have another RSV. I'm not parting with this one.

Skeeter