IGNORED

Antennas?

starriders777

Ok i know mine are right...mmm or are they. Radio on right and cb on left. I was at our local dealer and seen two and one is set up like mine, The other is reversed. Dealership had deer in headlight look when i showed them that. :confused24: My cb and radio works great so i'm thinking mine is correct.

CB left, AM/FM right. There's an '08 with them reversed sitting at Dryer's in Indy right now. I mentioned it to one of the salesmen. I'm kind of wondering if they'll change it.

I had an '05 Midnight with them reversed. My '06 had then in the right places but I broke the CB load so I replaced them both with a single black firefly CB antenna on the left.

• 2 years later...
Mine is set up correctly, but why does it make a difference?

Holy Threadnecromongering!!

3 years old!!

anywho... It doesn't matter as long as the cables are going to proper radios. The CB antenna cable should go to the box mounted under the trunk.

My '06 had then in the right places but I broke the CB load so I replaced them both with a single black firefly CB antenna on the left.

If you look in the 2nd gen tech section you'll find an article on how to do it. I'm doing mine sometime this spring or early summer.

But Kevin, :scratchchin: Aren't you worried the bike try to pull to the side with the one antenna sticking up causing drag on only one side, not to mention the extra weight on one side only??:confused24:

Better pack some extra stuff on the opposite side of the camper trailer.:scratchchin:

That should fix it.:thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

But Kevin, :scratchchin: Aren't you worried the bike try to pull to the side with the one antenna sticking up causing drag on only one side, not to mention the extra weight on one side only??:confused24:

Better pack some extra stuff on the opposite side of the camper trailer.:scratchchin:

That should fix it.:thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

No worries Bob,

I'm gonna put it in the center........:rasberry:

Thanks for the concern though......:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Check the Co-ax lead to see if it goes to the CB under the trunk. If it does than it's OK. It really doesn't make any difference which side the antenna is mounted as long as it's connected properly. Lefty..Righty.. Inny...Outty... :)

:cody