IGNORED

I found a Puc style sight.

RDawson

IMG_0463.jpgI stopped in Cordele, GA for gas and found the confederate missile sight #1 in the corner of the station parking lot. https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11706

We had to bail on Daytona because of the high winds and surf and headed up to Fort Walton beach. The upside being I've put 1300 miles on the RSV on my only trip of the year. 600 more Saturday to get home. Definitely gotta call Rick Butler when I get home, oh the jewels. Much more comfortable than my MKII though. This trip opened my eyes to which bike stays in the stable, no back pain at all. :7_6_3[1]:

IMG_0462.jpg

:scared::scared:,,,,, :sign Rock On::thumbsup:!!!! Po ahead Gunk,,,, make my day:stickpoke:!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks Corporal Newkirk = you really did = make my day!!:bluesbrother:

Sounds like an AWESOME ride your having out there regardless of getting chased away from Daytona = WAY TO GO BROTHER = if gotta run over lemons ya might well aim for the middle so they turn into lemonaide!!!:thumbsup:

Fort Walton Beach?? I LOVE Fort Walton Beach!! Camped on the white sands in the sound down there a few times not to far from Eglin Air Force Base (wonder if that Base still stands) = had a BALL chasing those little, almost transparent, sand crabs up and down the beach...

That area get hit by the Hurricane?? Roads still passable?

LOTS of great miles there on your part,, sounds like that RSV is doing its thing in a right proper way!!!

Stay safe, have fun and THANKS for the AWESOME road pics!!:thumbsup:

Puc

Elgin still there and running. Passed a really cool looking museum there today, all kinds of planes. I'm going to tour it before I leave.

Back in '73 I spent some time goofing off down there, got out two tracking and found a Military jet scrap yard out there in the middle of nowhere.. Lets of parts and pieces stuff = wayyyyy cool!!! Also LOVED watching the F-14 Phantoms fly in and out of Eglin!!

Thinking about the recent hurricane,, back in that '73 time period another one of those great big ugly nasty storms came ripping thru the Fort Walton Beach area,, ripped all the air conditioners out of the barracks windows at Eglin..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110643I stopped in Cordele, GA for gas and found the confederate missile sight #1 in the corner of the station parking lot. https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11706

We had to bail on Daytona because of the high winds and surf and headed up to Fort Walton beach. The upside being I've put 1300 miles on the RSV on my only trip of the year. 600 more Saturday to get home. Definitely gotta call Rick Butler when I get home, oh the jewels. Much more comfortable than my MKII though. This trip opened my eyes to which bike stays in the stable, no back pain at all. :7_6_3[1]:

Been there, seen that.

:scared::scared:,,,,, :sign Rock On::thumbsup:!!!! Po ahead Gunk,,,, make my day:stickpoke:!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks Corporal Newkirk = you really did = make my day!!:bluesbrother:

Sounds like an AWESOME ride your having out there regardless of getting chased away from Daytona = WAY TO GO BROTHER = if gotta run over lemons ya might well aim for the middle so they turn into lemonaide!!!:thumbsup:

Fort Walton Beach?? I LOVE Fort Walton Beach!! Camped on the white sands in the sound down there a few times not to far from Eglin Air Force Base (wonder if that Base still stands) = had a BALL chasing those little, almost transparent, sand crabs up and down the beach...

That area get hit by the Hurricane?? Roads still passable?

LOTS of great miles there on your part,, sounds like that RSV is doing its thing in a right proper way!!!

Stay safe, have fun and THANKS for the AWESOME road pics!!:thumbsup:

Puc

Heres a couple a pics from Eglin. IMG_0477.jpgIMG_0478.jpg

We need ta git a 1st Gen lined up with that Bird!! That 2nd Gen ain't got a chance!!! LOL. Great Pic!!:innocent-emoticon:

its too far from home to bring the 1st gen, my back doesn't like folding my long legs on it more than a couple hours. There is one advantage though,the plane is cabled to the ground so I might at least get rolling before he can. Really neat place to visit, planes from the 50s up. The 1st ever C130 built (named the First Lady) is there and still airworthy.

I never got to serve because of 2 crushed vertebrae but I never pass a military museum. I'm not real knowledgeable about the military but I reserve the greatest respect for them.

We need ta git a 1st Gen lined up with that Bird!! That 2nd Gen ain't got a chance!!! LOL. Great Pic!!:innocent-emoticon:

:sign Rock On::guitarist 2::happy65::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::happy34:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And,, to let ya in on another little trade secret bro,,, if ya happen to run upon one of the new V-Twin's and you happen to be out chasin around on an old, beat up, tired out 1st Gen,,,,,,, just smile and give the :happy34: as you watch the thing disappear in the mirror.. Having ridden em = The new one is not that far off a stock 74 inch Panhead (maybe +10 horsish),, definitely nose to nose with a stock 88 inch twin cam Harley IMHO..

That big crankshaft being dragged down by not one but 2 balance shafts AND 2 alternators while trying to drag around almost 1000 pounds of motorcycle +payload = "what,, you talking to me?" when ya roll the spurs on er ribs LOL

Here is the 1st Lady. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110657I talked with a General there, he showed a strong attachment to this one.

Daws,, I am TERRIBLE with this stuff and far from any sort of a military person.. Is there any way you could forgive my ignorance and explain why that bird is "The First Lady" and why the General you spoke to may have such a strong attachment to it? Also,, can you elaborate on the General too = 1 star,, 2,, 4?? Any pics of him??

THANK YOU again for the pics and sharing!! Totally wayyyyyyy :thumbsup: of a ride ya got yourself into there Peter!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Daws,, I am TERRIBLE with this stuff and far from any sort of a military person.. Is there any way you could forgive my ignorance and explain why that bird is "The First Lady" and why the General you spoke to may have such a strong attachment to it? Also,, can you elaborate on the General too = 1 star,, 2,, 4?? Any pics of him??

THANK YOU again for the pics and sharing!! Totally wayyyyyyy :thumbsup: of a ride ya got yourself into there Peter!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

No info on the General, I just heard one of the others call him by Rank. I'm not sure if he's active or retired and working at the museum. He spoke of how the C130 is probably the most important aircraft ever built for the military. They are still in service in over 50 countries and are projected to remain for several years. The 1st Lady was named being the first ever built. I"d asked him if many of the aircraft were still airworthy, he named 4 or 5 but really started talking about this one. I would've liked to talk with him longer but he was called away for a call. He seemed very happy to answer questions about the displays and very personable. Next time I'm down this way I'll go back to spend more time.

No info on the General, I just heard one of the others call him by Rank. I'm not sure if he's active or retired and working at the museum. He spoke of how the C130 is probably the most important aircraft ever built for the military. They are still in service in over 50 countries and are projected to remain for several years. The 1st Lady was named being the first ever built. I"d asked him if many of the aircraft were still airworthy, he named 4 or 5 but really started talking about this one. I would've liked to talk with him longer but he was called away for a call. He seemed very happy to answer questions about the displays and very personable. Next time I'm down this way I'll go back to spend more time.

:sign yeah that: They have been around almost forever and still going!!:sign yeah that: I've had a couple rides on these workhorses. Shake ya apart & freeze ya ta death but you are ready when ya git there!!

6 days, 1913 miles:7_6_3[1]:, 2 hotels and oceans, chased from Daytona by high winds, from Gulf coast by a hurricane, rode through a thunderstorm :depressed:and tornado warning to get home.

For all that I got a week with the whole family which is hard to do with the kids growing up and doing their own things. We rode roller coasters, swam in the ocean, ate seafood til we popped:fatsmiley:, and had a great time. I found a confederate missile in GA and a great aviation museum at Eglin Air Force base. Go visit if you are in the area, It's worth the time and free of charge. This trip was about the destination not the ride so most of the time was on interstates. I saw several HDs on the way home:mytruck1:, a couple were even running with the rest on trailers. I rode with a Victory for a short while until I got tired of listening to the V twin:Im not listening to, I grabbed a gear and left him somewhere in Alabama. I tried to run with a wing on I65 but I was in more of a hurry than he was. All in all a great week even with the weather. That was the shakedown run for the RSV as wife and I plan to travel on it some in the next few years and then extensively after that. As much as I like the VR the comfort level of the RSV makes it the hands down choice for travel. I felt better getting off of it than I do travelling in a cage. The wife got a lot of time in the cage with the daughters:auto: for their girl talk and visiting, she's liking this empty nest thing even less than I am. The 22 year old is leaving for med school soon and the 15 year old is talking aerospace engineering and moving off also. She has the brain for it. With an orthopedic surgeon and a rocket scientist for kids I'm sure we will have to travel a lot to see grand kids. More reason to keep riding.

Now back to life and work.

6 days, 1913 miles:7_6_3[1]:, 2 hotels and oceans, chased from Daytona by high winds, from Gulf coast by a hurricane, rode through a thunderstorm :depressed:and tornado warning to get home.

For all that I got a week with the whole family which is hard to do with the kids growing up and doing their own things. We rode roller coasters, swam in the ocean, ate seafood til we popped:fatsmiley:, and had a great time. I found a confederate missile in GA and a great aviation museum at Eglin Air Force base. Go visit if you are in the area, It's worth the time and free of charge. This trip was about the destination not the ride so most of the time was on interstates. I saw several HDs on the way home:mytruck1:, a couple were even running with the rest on trailers. I rode with a Victory for a short while until I got tired of listening to the V twin:Im not listening to, I grabbed a gear and left him somewhere in Alabama. I tried to run with a wing on I65 but I was in more of a hurry than he was. All in all a great week even with the weather. That was the shakedown run for the RSV as wife and I plan to travel on it some in the next few years and then extensively after that. As much as I like the VR the comfort level of the RSV makes it the hands down choice for travel. I felt better getting off of it than I do travelling in a cage. The wife got a lot of time in the cage with the daughters:auto: for their girl talk and visiting, she's liking this empty nest thing even less than I am. The 22 year old is leaving for med school soon and the 15 year old is talking aerospace engineering and moving off also. She has the brain for it. With an orthopedic surgeon and a rocket scientist for kids I'm sure we will have to travel a lot to see grand kids. More reason to keep riding.

Now back to life and work.

My experience tells me that Orthopedics Surgeon could come in handy for a biker.

My experience tells me that Orthopedics Surgeon could come in handy for a biker.

I told her she needs to be a brain surgeon. We could perform brain surgery and rocket science in the same family. Pretty proud of those two smart and strong willed young ladies. Looks like they'll leave an old firefighter like me in the dust.

There's gotta be a good punch line: A surgeon, a rocket scientist, and a fireman walk in a bar.............

I told her she needs to be a brain surgeon. We could perform brain surgery and rocket science in the same family. Pretty proud of those two smart and strong willed young ladies. Looks like they'll leave an old firefighter like me in the dust.

There's gotta be a good punch line: A surgeon, a rocket scientist, and a fireman walk in a bar.............

A brain surgeon, a rocket scientist, a firefighter and a Facility Manager. Walk into a bar. The brain surgeon complains to the bartender that the beer is too cold causing him to get a brain freeze headache. the bartender apologies and said he would see what he cold do about it and runs to the back room to adjust the temperature on the beer cooler. When he comes back the rocket scientist complains that the beer is now too hot causing him to sweet like an astronaut before take off. The bartender apologies again and runs to the back room to adjust the temperature on the beer cooler. When he returns the firefighter complains that the beer is still not cold enough. He justifies his point of view by saying that he has been fighting fires all day long and the beer can never be cold enough for him. The bartender once again apologies and trots off to adjust the temperature one more time. When he returns he immediately glares at the Facility Manager and ask with contempt in his tone, " Sir, how is your beer?" The Facility Manager replies that his beer is just right, perfect in every way. Without hesitation the bartender pours a pitcher and sets it down in front of the Facility Manager and tells him that the pitcher is on the house.

While pouring him a glass from the pitcher he introduces him the the lovely blond waitress Brittany who smiles at him with her most amorous smile.

The morale of the story is QUIT YOUR *****ING AT THE BAR.:group cheers: