IGNORED

hit a racoon week and a half ago

dueyk1111

was headed to work on sat sept 9th wasnt even a mile away from home when a coon ran across the road at me, did all i could to avoid it, but the damn thing hit me anyway. hit me right in the front left lower cowl shattered the bottom part of that , there is an air induction valve down there that is missing now, have that ordered from pinwall and ebay, how important is it and is it ok to run without it for a little while? the other thing i need help with is the left front lower cowl piece, didnt find one on ebay and hoping that maybe one of the other members may have an xtra one that they might part with. willing to pay for it and the shipping, have an 06 blackcherry but willing to paint it the right color over the winter. any and all hep grately appreciated. thanks:thumbsup:

@dueyk1111 Hope you got that Racoon's contact information so his insurance can help cover it! :banana: We need more government funded "Wildlife education programs" to teach these animals to stay off the road! :cool10:

All joking aside, sorry to hear about the damage and really glad that you are safe and sound! Hope you get the scoot all fixed up again (sorry I can't help with the parts request). I had a "near miss" with a wild turkey this year on my ride from Alberta to Arizona......darn critters!

Yep,,, me too = GLAD YOU ARE OK DUEY!! All the very best in locating the parts ya need my friend!!!

We got attacked by a Jack Rabbit while CTFW on the back roads of Nevada over the summer - WHAMO = scares the living daylights out of ya dont it!! THANKFULLY Jack Rabbits tend to weigh less than a fattened up ol Coon!!!

Glad your ok brother!!

I might have what you need. I have a '06 Black Cherry left side lower but it does need some minor repair. One of the brackets on the back side that holds a rubber tube nut is broken but I have the piece. I think there is a crack in it as well but it hasn't broken out. It just looks like a scratch but I think it's a crack. There are no pieces missing or broken off. It does have 100,000 miles of road rash. $100.oo plus shipping.

FYI you can buy a new one from Partzilla for $221.34 http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-2C9-2835J-00-P0.html

was headed to work on sat sept 9th wasnt even a mile away from home when a coon ran across the road at me, did all i could to avoid it, but the damn thing hit me anyway. hit me right in the front left lower cowl shattered the bottom part of that , there is an air induction valve down there that is missing now, have that ordered from pinwall and ebay, how important is it and is it ok to run without it for a little while? the other thing i need help with is the left front lower cowl piece, didnt find one on ebay and hoping that maybe one of the other members may have an xtra one that they might part with. willing to pay for it and the shipping, have an 06 blackcherry but willing to paint it the right color over the winter. any and all hep grately appreciated. thanks:thumbsup:

i may be able to help you, send me a text or call me after 6 pm 815-440-0287

mikehttp://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-4XY-2835J-01-P9.html

Edited by eusa1