IGNORED

New Venture delayed.

F6B

I am not complaining about the bike. Actually I am happy they finally did update it. I love the idea of the vtwin, I just do not like the styling of the bike. I was VERY disappointed in the direction that they went with. I personally like the "Classic" look as I call it of the 2nd Gens and the Harley and even the Roadmaster even though the are pushing the styling on that away from what I like. I am starting to consider another scoot and more than likely it will be the Indian. Had Yamaha stayed with the classic look, I would be looking at it very closely. As it stands, I won't even take one for a demo ride.

I suspect after reading the reviews that if it does handle well at low speed like the GW, that I would like riding it. But, I would be wasting my time because I'd never buy one. The air cooled thing would decide it for me. I can understand why Yam did it though. the V-twin is much cheaper to produce and it is the predominant choice among riders, a win/win for them if they are lucky. I'm sure Honda is very happy.

Swapped out my RSV for a Goldwing trike in 2015. But, still love my 2006 RSTD with 110 K miles for solo, but wanted a fresh horse.

I thought about the new Venture (and rode it), then the new.... "Eluder" (sorry bad name). Both are more bike and cost than I want. I see folks getting hot on both sides of the new bikes.

So, what the hell, just got another 2006 RSTD with 6K miles for $4K, a near new condition time capsule for one easy payment.

Will save on accessories as I'll move most over from the old bike. Then I'll sell the old one when I'm done with it.

So, I'm good for a few years,,, and this can sort it's self out without my worry.