IGNORED

adding the little maps to signature

Kretz

Thanks Puc.... been following your Sturgis fun! Love the Vanderhall. Thanks for keeping us all up to date with the happenings there!

You are more than welcome Kretz, glad to help.. And thank you for following the Sturgis fun = glad someone is enjoying those pesky meanderings.. I know a lot of people find that kind of stuff as foolishness but, IMHO,, its far better than setting around watching tv for retirement while knowing crazy stuff like thatkind of stuff is happening.. Back at cha brother!!!

How do you compare the Indian motor and the venture motor

Because the Venture motor isnt into the actual hands of those who will be using it to CTFW,, its kind of hard to do a really good detailed analysis,, that said - below are a couple of vids found on You Tube that show the cutaways of each motor - does that help?? I have ridden both and can tell give you my opinion (like MANY others).. Performance wise - I think the new Star is gonna have its hands full with the Polaris 111. The Yam is a big heavy scoot, the motor (and this is a guess,, Mom Yam chose not to give HP detail on this one - though she does claim 126 Ft/Pds of torque) feels similar to an 88 inch HD to me (I owned several of the HD's and even did a gear driven supercharger on one) which brings it into the 70 horse range = putzy at best.. The big Yam doesnt come up on the pipe (sorry,, ol two stroke talk) until 3 grand and she stops dead at 4500.. The Polaris motor is much more spunky IMHO... Doesn't make any sense either cause the Yam is 4 valve and the Polaris is 2 - sure seems like the Yam would be way better equipt for developing some HP up on top but it dont - again,, IMHO..

Build whys, I think they are pretty close in nature.. I do really like the helical cut gears in the Polaris, I KNOW - straights have always been known to be stronger (and they are) BUT - helicals are KNOWN to be a LOT quieter.. One of the things that I REALLY dont understand about Polaris is why on earth they didnt go with oil cooling jackets in the jugs of their 111 like they did with the 106 that they had in their Victory line.. Makes sense to me (and I am probably wayyyyyy out there in being wrong on this - I am NO professional mechanic or engineer like a lot of the folks around here) that doing so would have not only increase longevity on the 111 overall but would have made it quieter.. I have heard, in person, some extremely rattly 111,, REAL noisy motors.. I have a vid on youtube of the 113 Yam idling and my camera right down in the engine so folks can hear it - I can get it for you if you would like.. That 113 is a lot quieter IMHO..

Getting wordy,, sorry,, way to opinioniated.. Anyway,,, here's those cutaways,,, enjoy..

Puc

@cowpuc, it appears you have another video... One question how many more do you got to upload. I have been sitting here cracking peanut shells watching your little mini movies. I love that vanderhaul and that does sound like a wastegate, one sound I miss from my Toyota Celica Gt and my 81 Dodge Shelby Charger, very fun little cars. IMHO as you say. Keep them Coming.

cowpuc, it appears you have another video... One question how many more do you got to upload. I have been sitting here cracking peanut shells watching your little mini movies. I love that vanderhaul and that does sound like a wastegate, one sound I miss from my Toyota Celica Gt and my 81 Dodge Shelby Charger, very fun little cars. IMHO as you say. Keep them Coming.

Ohhh,, a few hundred :rotf::rotf:

Actually Snype,, I used to LOVE writing instead of video blogging my trips.. It was fun and I was driven by a daughter who begged me to continue on so my off spring would have memories of me to fall back on in years to come.. She even worked with the other kids to put together a book of stories going all the way back to her childhood.. Then,, a number of years ago this disease called DUpentrens set in and took over my hands,, I know you know about that.. So I fell back on video's,, turns out you tubing is really fun... My Grand Sons in California are the REAL drivers behind that now - the older one (who can be seen in a few of my CTFW West series from July of this year when we did the West Coast CTFW and I am wayyy behind on finishing for him) LOVES his Grampas video's..

Anyway,, thanks for the compliments on the vid blogs my friend,, seems to be getting less n less interest here on VR of the stuff - probably cause people are busy or just getting older like me.. Your youth and enthusiasim over the dieing art of CTFW is encouraging Snype!! :happy34:

Ohhh,, a few hundred :rotf::rotf:

Actually Snype,, I used to LOVE writing instead of video blogging my trips.. It was fun and I was driven by a daughter who begged me to continue on so my off spring would have memories of me to fall back on in years to come.. She even worked with the other kids to put together a book of stories going all the way back to her childhood.. Then,, a number of years ago this disease called DUpentrens set in and took over my hands,, I know you know about that.. So I fell back on video's,, turns out you tubing is really fun... My Grand Sons in California are the REAL drivers behind that now - the older one (who can be seen in a few of my CTFW West series from July of this year when we did the West Coast CTFW and I am wayyy behind on finishing for him) LOVES his Grampas video's..

Anyway,, thanks for the compliments on the vid blogs my friend,, seems to be getting less n less interest here on VR of the stuff - probably cause people are busy or just getting older like me.. Your youth and enthusiasim over the dieing art of CTFW is encouraging Snype!! :happy34:

Actually I got youngens in the house and will be your age before they are gone, It is actually your passion and the way you splain things and your personality that I get a kick out of. Yes I love to chase the front wheel right now I am focused on getting healthy and possibly going back to work. Some of the problem there is all the crashes I have been in with someone else behind the wheel. There is one I am glad I was behind the wheel and thats when the brakes went out on my gf's car... airbag went off after hitting a tree but never knew I would choke on smoke when it deployed. Anyways the other thing is kids don't get bussed to school, so I have to take gf to work and take them to school. Wished I was young lol of course younger then you but most kids these days get them crotch rockets and no one cares anymore to go site seeing, heck why would you when you can get virtual tours on these blessed devices, I do enjoy talking to people that do more then just send chain mail and share everything they see. I do once in a while but only if I find it interesting or darned funny.. But I am determined to CTFW sometime and its got to be sooner then later.... gonna be a grandpa come march so need to get it done before I get all old and get called pappy.:Avatars_Gee_George: