IGNORED

Spooning tires?

Sometimes just draining the offending carb will remove the debris causing it to stick.:scratchchin: Sorry to hear of your mom. Prayers for you and your family.

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come.

The carb leak stopped then reappeared 300 miles later...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sitting is obviously the worst thing for carbs but even with daily riding, ethanol gas will cause buildup of crud in the carbs so a regular gas treatment will help to keep things running smoothly. Give it a soak then, as mentioned drain the bowl to remove any large bit that might have been loosened. There is a good chance that Seafoam will clear up your sticky float without having to spend money on getting someone to look at it.

I ride daily and have been adding a couple of ounces of Seafoam every two or three tanks which adds up to about one tank per week. I don't have to travel very far and suspect that when using more than a tank in a day or two, adding Seafoam so often would not be needed.

Go to Wally World. Grab a can of BerryMan's B12 Chem Tech. Dump about 2/3s in it and ride it hard. I'll bet it gets better if not a complete cure. If it is running right after this give it a diet of Marvel Mystery Oil. Couple oz. each tank. And add the rest of that BerryMan's

Go to Wally World. Grab a can of BerryMan's B12 Chem Tech. Dump about 2/3s in it and ride it hard. I'll bet it gets better if not a complete cure. If it is running right after this give it a diet of Marvel Mystery Oil. Couple oz. each tank. And add the rest of that BerryMan's

That drain screw will not move!

Spray it with whatever bolt buster works for you and let it set for awhile. Make sure your screw driver fits the screw tightly and turn it with one hand while strikeing it with a hammer on the screwdrivers handle end. About the only way to heat the carb body for expansion would be to use a hair drier if it still will not turn.:2cents:

Just able to get out 20 miles since adding 2/3 bottle of B-12 into about 4 gal' s gas. Carbs are dry. Ran well. Will see what the weekend brings but will still have carbs synched.

Gonna get up and head out for a sunrise ride.

One where I can take clothes off as the day warms rather than vice/versa

Here is the act of spooning a motorcycle tire on caught on recording by some wacko in Michigan Ty.. If you do go with picking up a set of tire irons (spoons), it always helps (IMHO) to take the new spoons and clean the ends up with a grinder and then sand paper to get a really nice clean taper on the straight end of them.. Also,, the little hook on the end of some of them (I have had my spoons a long time but I think the HF spoons have the hook) are really handy if dealing with tires that cant be heated before mounting (just lay em in the sun for a while).. The "hook" will help get under the edge of the tire.. Also,,, I use to use rim protectors (if your careful you dont need em) in the form of sliced up plastic quart oil jugs = that particular plastic is amazingly soft and works just as good as store bought protectors and you can usually find those quarts in any gas station garbage can if ya need to do an emergency swap on the road.. Learning to swap out ur own tires is a good plan = just in case ya get stranded while out CTFW IMHO...

How many remember seating a tire with ether? Had a front today that wouldn't seal. Got tired of fighting it and used carb cleaner instead of ether, it's less volatile. 3 seconds to seal it after fighting it for an hour. Rear aired right up without a fight.

Kind of makes you nervous when you touch it off . But definatly does the trick. Did the ether trick a few months ago on a stubborn tractor tire. When I get new tires anymore I stretch them out using 3 or 4 cans around the bead for a few days before I install them. Makes for easier inflation.:2cents: