IGNORED

2017 CTFW West, and North, and South, and back East.. A short video blog series.

cowpuc

Not long after giving Tweeks her reins and watching that dreadful desert wildfire disappear in her mirrors, a small cow town came into view.. Good thing too cause Tweeks belly was getting just as empty as ours were.. Magic hour had long sense passed and it was time to find some road grub.. It was late so the three of strolled the parking lot of a Dollar General store. Tweeks stayed outside gazing back at some folks in at car that were staring at her while Tip and I went inside and grabbed some bread, peanut butter, chips and cookies and walked back outside.. We meandered down the street to a local bike trough where Tweeks drank her fill and then we stopped at a closed McDonalds to use their picnic tables..

As we ate some folks came over and took some shots of Tweeks.. I could tell by their looks (not exactly Cowgirl looking) and their accents that they were probably not from the area.. Come to find out, they were from Hawaii and returning from a 3 week cross country mainland tour of their own..

Wasn't long and they were signing Tweeks,, hugging Tippy (why is it that they always want to hug Tippy?) and telling me that they thought our "style" of living life was really special. They invited us to come to Hawaii, camp in their front yard until we got our Island legs and then go explore "The Big Island" where their home was!

Wow,, would that be fun!!!!

DSCN4748.JPG

DSCN4747.JPG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right after we pulled out of the little cow town I noticed a two track heading north with a big sign on it that said something about "Mining Operation".. It looked promising for a quick/easy way to get buried in the total silence and awesome darkness of the Utah desert night.. Folks who have experienced this wonderment will know exactly what I am referring to.

We followed the mining trail in the darkness for a couple miles, to the point that the tone of Tweeks V-4 idling along while Tip and I chatted softly was the only sound we could hear and her single candle power headlight was the only man made light visible..

About that time the pathway started getting pretty narly so I shut her down, dropped the tent and within just a couple minutes the three of us were counting the sheep we had seen earlier in the Uintah Mountains that had been stored in our minds eyes as we drifted off to sleep..

Shortly thereafter I woke up to strange noises outside our little blue desert shack,, look out the door to find these varmints preparing setting a trap of cow puc for me to step in = somethings will never change (stepping in cow puc is a way of life with yours truly) ,, even way out in the middle of the Utah desert!!

DSCN4753.JPG

DSCN4752.JPG

DSCN4751.JPG

DSCN4749.JPG

DSCN4750.JPG

After muddering our way thru Utah and galloping across the next border, it dawned on me that this next state had a helmet law.. The morning was just starting to heat up when we came to a stop out in the middle of nowhere in the fine state of Nevada. I unsnapped our brain skillets from their storage area and Tip and I plopped em on, experience has taught me that those things that will fry your brains if your not careful so I knew we needed to get right back at CingTFW before heat stroke started setting in...

I could see a familiar grin on Tweeks face as she stared at the two of us standing there with sweat running across our eyebrows, I told Tip that I thought Tweeks thought the two of us looked like Foot Ball players from 1929 and she was laughing at us.. As I sank the spurs into Tweeks sides and whispered "he who laughs last - laughs longest old girl - let her buck" into her ears I could swear I heard her stop laughing and felt her moaning as she crossed into a full gallop when her tach closed in on 6 grand in top gear. I held it there until the bars on her gas gauge had all but disappeared - GOOD NIGHT THOSE ENDLESS WIDE OPEN DESERT ROADS ARE AWESOME = especially when it comes to disciplining a cocky motorcycle..

When we pulled into a motorcycle feedlot that had finally appeared over the curvature of the planet, I could tell Tweeks was not exactly happy with me.. I am sure she noticed that small patch of oil beside the pump when she came to a stop at her dinner table and, as I put my foot down the absence of friction between my riding shoe and the pavement almost allowed her to lay fully down on top of me like she had done before when her and I had differences while out CTFW..

I was very very glad to see that this particular motorcycle food lot had experienced situations like this many times in the past because they provided extra long windshield cleaning sticks to encourage a short time of seperation between a man and his motorcycle when they were having such a dispute.. Being from a HOT place like the Nevada desert - the owners clearly knew that the heat in the desert can affect even the best of friends in the strangest of ways..

DSCN4755.JPG

DSCN4754.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

Anybody who was unfortunate enough to try and follow our original thread of this ride that I tried posting with our little tablet while we were actually committing this atrocity of an example of CTFW = found here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?130839-ctfw-west-the-u-p-trail-won-the-coin-toss-when-we-left-yesterday&highlight=CTFW+West

may remember that a big part of this whole adventure was to be a search for some throwing knives to take to my Grandsons in California.. Could it be possible that the knives will actually be found in this strange place known as ,,,,

INDEED!! Scheels in Sparks Nevada DOES have Throwing Knives!! If you are ever if the need of a good set of knives for your Grand Children to toss around - just flop your tent on your bike, pack some fresh clothes to wear in the store if your prone to smell funny after CTFW across the desert region, trod on into the air conditioning inside of Scheels and follow the advice of this pretty lady in there!!

After exploring the amazing selection of throwing knives, and chinese stars,, and tomahawks and on and on,, we were just getting ready to depart the store with the 3 sets of Throwing Knives for our off spring in tow when,, all of a sudden,, I thought I heard a the soft voice of a really pretty nickle plated 7 to 1 twist rifled barreled beauty a couple isles over whispering something sexy to me,,,, Puuuc,, ohhhh Puc,, wanna come take a peek at me??? Her reminded me of a voice I hadn't heard in many years (I had a Remington BDL 700 in .22/250 caliber that use to talk to me like that) so I wandered over that way,, peeked around the corner and,,, POOF - there went another afternoon!! :Laugh: