IGNORED

Carb Tune Help Needed

Hi everyone..I'm still around...I have a Carb Tune and I used to have the instructions with pictures but can't seem to find it. I search for it on this site and no luck.

Does anyone know where it is.

I want to sync my carbs real early tomorrow morning.

Tks

Heres a thread that covers the gen2, the procedure is the same for a gen1 but the screws are slightly different.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?258-Syncronizing-the-Carbs

Here is some discussion on the Vmax side. The screws on the Vmax are the same as the Venture. Same engine and carbs, just tuned and jetted differently but you will recognize the correct screws for synching.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=43398

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3959

Enjoy!

was?

1st Gen 83 to 85

2nd Gen86 to 93

Something like that.

Mine is an 89.

And with the right side cover off do I need to take also the right air vent cover off also.

For the life of me I can not see the philps screw to adjust carb 1 & 2.

I thought 1 & 2 was synced from the left and the right 3 & 4 was synced from the right and the 2 banks also synced from the right.

My attempt is making my venture run worse.

For now, for my 89 VR, I need to know are 1 & 2 synced to each other from the left or right?

was?

1st Gen 83 to 85

2nd Gen86 to 93

Something like that.

First Gen is '83 to '93. They are separated by the MK1 which is the 1200cc '83 to '85, and the MK2 which is the 1300cc made from '86 to '93.

The 2nd Gen Venture is the Harley wanna be made from 1999 to 2013. As mentioned, the carbs sync the same way, the difference being where the screws are located...

Left side is #1 and #2 . Right side, the left screw is #3 and #4 . Right side the right screw is to sync right side to left side. Skydoc's instructions cover it really well.

The adjustment screws are flat head, not phillips.

The first gen was from 83 to 93. Mark 1 was 83 to 85. Mark 2 was 86 to 93.

Left side is #1 and #2 . Right side, the left screw is #3 and #4 . Right side the right screw is to sync right side to left side. Skydoc's instructions cover it really well.

The adjustment screws are flat head, not phillips.

The first gen was from 83 to 93. Mark 1 was 83 to 85. Mark 2 was 86 to 93.

Ok, now I got my head on straight 89 is a 1st Gen MKII, and left sync is on the left.

I got all 4 synced however the mercury barely reads 10 on the carb tune. And if I it idel then engine eventualy dies,

after a few minutes.

I've took the air cleaner off to see the throat and the cylinders barely move.

What does that mean.

Last year the mercury read about in the middle of the carb tune meter.