IGNORED

back from road trip

bikerjohn

Got back in today around 3 from our road trip. Had a flat tire on my Trailer about 4 hours out of home. What a way to start a road trip!

As some may know we started on the bike it broke down in Shamrock Tx. ( clutch issues)

Well Saturday the 10 me and Obber Charles from Amarillo tried until midnight to bleed the clutch.

To no avail :(. Thanks to Chales for the hands on help and also a shout out to Squidley for the teck help over the phone.

Squidley even offered to come to Shamrock from Houston ( at least 12 hours) to trailer me back home.

So Sunday wife and I went to church and on Monday the preacher (who is into old cars) helped me get my bike to the powersport dealer in Amarillo using his really cool car trailer with a dove tail. Easy loading and unloading.

So my Bike at the dealers and the wife and i got a rental car to complete our trip to the Dakota's and back.

So we went from (loosing 2 days of travel) Texas thru Oklahoma, Kansas stayed the night in Ogaillia Nebraska. Stayed 4 nights in Custer South Dakota (wife actually camped 3 nights without any complaints). Even when the buffalogot really close to the car. Went to Stugis (on 4 wheels :() Then into Cody Wyoming for 2 nights. Then 1 night in Cheyenne Wyoming, pushing into Colorado staying 1 night in Limon ( a small interstate town, Then Thursday we got back to Texas. Back in Amarillo, first thing was to pick up the bike ( dealer said he ha to power bleed the clutch several times and then filling he blew air through it refilled and power bled again and wow the clutch worked. ( only cost me 106 for the bike and 420 for the rental car in unexpected expenses). Then a solo trip to the Cadillac ranch.

So left Amarillo Friday and Stayed the night in Sweetwater Texas, Leaving this morning to head home to Round Rock, The only rain we got was while on the bike heading to the house this morning. High winds and rains. Glad i was on a Venture.

DSC03091.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03314.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03992.jpg

DSC04810.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

Guest divey

Glad you made it home John and had a good trip despite the challenges. Were you able to get the kitchen sink on that trailer too? 😳😳. Looks like you had everything else. Doug

Got back in today around 3 from our road trip. Had a flat tire on my Trailer about 4 hours out of home. What a way to start a road trip!

As some may know we started on the bike it broke down in Shamrock Tx. ( clutch issues)

Well Saturday the 10 me and Obber Charles from Amarillo tried until midnight to bleed the clutch.

To no avail :(. Thanks to Chales for the hands on help and also a shout out to Squidley for the teck help over the phone.

Squidley even offered to come to Shamrock from Houston ( at least 12 hours) to trailer me back home.

So Sunday wife and I went to church and on Monday the preacher (who is into old cars) helped me get my bike to the powersport dealer in Amarillo using his really cool car trailer with a dove tail. Easy loading and unloading.

So my Bike at the dealers and the wife and i got a rental car to complete our trip to the Dakota's and back.

So we went from (loosing 2 days of travel) Texas thru Oklahoma, Kansas stayed the night in Ogaillia Nebraska. Stayed 4 nights in Custer South Dakota (wife actually camped 3 nights without any complaints). Even when the buffalogot really close to the car. Went to Stugis (on 4 wheels :() Then into Cody Wyoming for 2 nights. Then 1 night in Cheyenne Wyoming, pushing into Colorado staying 1 night in Limon ( a small interstate town, Then Thursday we got back to Texas. Back in Amarillo, first thing was to pick up the bike ( dealer said he ha to power bleed the clutch several times and then filling he blew air through it refilled and power bled again and wow the clutch worked. ( only cost me 106 for the bike and 420 for the rental car in unexpected expenses). Then a solo trip to the Cadillac ranch.

So left Amarillo Friday and Stayed the night in Sweetwater Texas, Leaving this morning to head home to Round Rock, The only rain we got was while on the bike heading to the house this morning. High winds and rains. Glad i was on a Venture.

Dang my tag on that Cadillac is right where I left it.

WOWZY brother Texas Hero of mine = what a trip!!! Looks like the Lord blest you folks with an AWESOME trip despite the pot holes my friend = CONGRATS!! THANK YOU for sharing the pics John - DEFINITELY an inspiration to get back at it - GORGEOUS out there!!! :thumbsup:

Your ol buddy Puc!