IGNORED

Home made MP3 player mount

alounsbe

This is an MP3 player mount I threw together last weekend. It turned out pretty good I made it from some scrap aluminum I had in the garage and formed it around some wood blocks I cut to the size I wanted the tray to be. I made another form from wood to make the bar clamp, it only took a couple of hours to make.

Here are pictures of the clamp, it is hard to see the clamp on the MP3 player mount but I used the same clamp on my wife's drink holder so I included a picture of it also. I also have a pic of the jig I made to bend the clamps. It is made from two pieces of 2 x 2 stock about 7" long, I drilled a 1 1/8" hole near the edge of the 2 x 2 block and then trimmed the edges of the hole as in the picture with a sharp chisel. A 3/4" deep well socket turned out to be the perfect bending mandrel. To use the jig place a strip of aluminum about 3/4" wide and approx 6" long in the jig as shown in the picture. Using vise and block or c clamp and block force the socket into the jig this will form the hoop, then remove the socket bend down the ears and remove from the jig. I have made three clamps for my bike and one for a Friends bike it works pretty good.

• 9 months later...