IGNORED

500kms on the "new" bike....

Mopar4ever

Ok so I picked this girl up for $1500.00 Canadian, and I've put 500km or so on. Time for a few observations. I come from the sportbike world so this is a really different experience.

First, I really am not a fan of the braking on this bike. I know this isn't a surprise as I've read quite a bit about the failings. Really don't like the linked brakes, maybe it's something I'd get used to, but I think I'm gonna eliminate it instead. Don't have a lot of money right now so it'll keep. I'll look into the fork lowers swap when time permits, but I may end up with a total front end upgrade instead. Still depends on if I plan to go with collector plates or not. The power is actually not bad, especially since the whole plan was to slow down a bit and enjoy the scenery. For that part the bike is fantastic! Very comfortable, very smooth, and still pretty quick. Handling is ok for the speeds, but I think I see some possibilities for improvement. Still getting used to the weight at slow speeds, but it really does seem to go away at speed. I have ridden a Goldwing briefly, and so far I like this better.

All in all, I'm gonna ride the wheels off this beast for the summer, and make my decisions about upgrades over the winter.

Congrats on the new ride. I too come from a sport bike background and have about the same observations as you. I bought mine last fall for $900 and have put another $1200 or so into it making it safe and reliable. I have just started riding it the last couple weeks and enjoy the relaxed riding position. The power really comes on after 4k or so and does pull pretty hard for such a large bike. I completely delink ed the brakes , put in stainless lines, rebuilt the calipers with new seals and new pads and they are still mediocre at best, I am getting used to just leaving more space and remembering that's it's just kinda like driving an old truck lol. I will be keeping my eye out for a newer front end which will accept better calipers but for now I'm enjoying the ride and will put that on the to do list for next winter. Enjoy the ride!!

Oh I almost forgot...need pictures please 😎