IGNORED

HELP - Does Anyone Know What This Is?

beejbrwn

Hi - I need help identifying what this gear is called and a part number if possible. I cranked up my 2006 RSTD (103,000 miles) and the clutch was noisy, more than normal. So, I pulled the clutch cover along with the all the parts then the clutch basket. Immediately I saw the problem - a small plastic gear with two teeth broken in the upper part of the clutch compartment. This gear is only visible after the clutch basket has been removed. Can anyone tell me what this gear is called or possibly know the part number? I've attached photos with an arrow pointing to the gear. I appreciate any help or information!

Thanks a million!

BJ

pic_001.jpg

pic_002.jpg

pic_003.jpg

pic_004.jpg

Second thought - looking at that diagram that our buddy Wild Man Joe provided and reading his post - I can see his point - definitely could be driver for oil pump.. Maybe spin the shaft its mounted on to make sure the oil pumped aint locked up before replacing it..

Good grief I love this place!!!

Second thought - looking at that diagram that our buddy Wild Man Joe provided and reading his post - I can see his point - definitely could be driver for oil pump.. Maybe spin the shaft its mounted on to make sure the oil pumped aint locked up before replacing it..

Good grief I love this place!!!

Thanks a million for the reply - I really appreciate it.