IGNORED

Two Whammy

snyper316

So tonight my youngest boy had a concert tonight, We get done from that and its lightning like crazy and just a little bit of a drizzle. Head on over to Save A Lot to get some Bologna for sandwiches and them some yogurts, While we are there we have a short burst from the Tornado Siren. Then it quit then all the sudden the electric starts flickering there Radio goes out in the store. They can't ring anybody up, so look at my phone and see it is pretty lit up. I am thinking we have a couple minutes to make it down to the school. Get the Two little ones in the truck well kinda helped them both in as it was starting to Hail we end up getting stuck in the truck with golf ball sized hail. I had already been hit by something on my head, back and shoulders. While I am sitting in the truck I just happen to look at my shoulder because It was Ice Cold!!! Kinda odd looking hail but it was about as big as a golfball but kinda like little hail stones meshed together like a snowball. I had looked off to my south and noticed a lowering of like a mothership Cloud. with a funnel slightly below it, It was Beautiful but at the same time you knew it was not a good thing. First time I have seen one so well defined in my area. Most of the ones that come thru are rain wrapped you just can't see them. The Hail let up and left me an opening to go on home. As I was headed there I felt the truck start to shake and felt as if it had lost power then all the sudden all kinds of alerts and alarms starting going off along with a Tornado Siren I hit the brakes and made a left hand turn onto a road that leads to the High School I whip in there to head for there Fema Shelter once again being pelted by hail. So ended up staying at the Fema Shelter for 30 minutes waiting out the storms. Started hearing A report of the Cloud I looked at was the one that hit Goodman Mo which is about 5 miles south of Neosho. There Elementary School and the Fire station both were hit pretty hard by it. There is alot of Damage in Goodman. The loss of power in my truck and all the funny things I felt in it was due to another Tornado touching down by Crowder College Area, Not sure of all the damage there but I do know it was making a treck for Benton Elementary School here in Neosho, that would be in the area of where I had taken a walk in the park and got the picture of that WWII Helicoptor. Thankfully a Report of Broken Bone in Goodman so far and maybe some bumps and scrapes. Of course lot of roof Damage, But 2 Tornadoes in one Newton County tonight. It was quite eventful. They say that cloud I saw hanging low is the one that produced both Tornado's. I tried to get ahold Of my Friend Jeff over in Goodman to check on him but got a recording saying he couldn't be reached the electric here came on shortly after I got done talking to @Flyinfool in chat. Was slighlty worried till the News came on and reported about Goodman. But I guess this same system is Trekking southeast of me Tomorrow. It is barely into April and Fireworks were definatly popping tonight. You all in Southern States stay safe and keep an ear on the weather. I really haven't been its kinda like ok just another thunderstorm... It was definatley an Eye Opener tonight, I think I will start turning the Tv on out in my shop instead of just jamming out to some Ol Country..

Have A good one and Ride safe and stay safe.

Lived in Ole Miss before moving to NM way back in '15, sure don't miss that stuff. Hattiesburg got a tornado the last two years that only tracked a couple miles apart from each other. And they can keep their hurricane season too. After going through Katrina, if I never see Jim Cantore again it'll be too soon!

Lived in Ole Miss before moving to NM way back in '15, sure don't miss that stuff. Hattiesburg got a tornado the last two years that only tracked a couple miles apart from each other. And they can keep their hurricane season too. After going through Katrina, if I never see Jim Cantore again it'll be too soon!

Yeah he was there the day of the Joplin Tornado, never heard weatherman cry on Tv before.... That was surely a scary day, Jim came in behind the tornado... he was so overwhelmed by what he was seeing. Gary on channel 16 was telling everyone to take shelter and crying I watched it all unfold on TV, That tornado all you seen was black and power flashes. I love my snow but everything else they can keep. Unfortunatly it was nice outside when I left so I left Tinker setting outside figured I would put her up when I got back.. I am just glad that noone was seriously injured.

Actually met someone who survived Joplin in the laundromat here in Cloudcroft a few months after. It changes you deep down when you see mortality face-to-face. Thought I was gonna die in a plane crash in '91 shortly after going to work for the airlines, never been the same. It would be similar if you waited too long and saw the flames coming over the hill thinking, why the hell didn't I leave when they told me? Can't even imagine the terror of being trapped by fire, but i have seen the water rising and trees falling. Never been through a tornado, I just hope my Nasty Nature bucket list is full enough I don't ever see one!

Super glad you and yours are alright though.:)

We are getting HELL now in GA, SC, NC and VA. May be some of what you all experienced.

:farmer:

Its the very same system which Brought Hell thru out Missouri... from what they were saying on the Weather Channel. GA is on the TOR:CON of 8 SC is a 7... Stay safe that way.

I am sitting in a motel in Columbia SC after spending four days in Beaufort, SC, enjoying top down weather in the Miata. As we got closer to Columbia, SC, needed to make a pit stop and get a bite to eat and stopped at a Chinese restaurant in a shopping center. Weather started getting worse so I pulled the car up under a walkway near a closed Piggly Wiggly and went back in and finished my meal. When it let up a little I thought I would try going home back to NE TN and when I backed out in the rain, I had no windshield wipers. It is not the fuse and I have power on two of the four wires going to the wiper motor and looks like a good ground, so it may be the motor.

Not supposed to be raining here in the morning, but it is at home. Well, this is a problem I never had on my Venture.

Randy

I am sitting in a motel in Columbia SC after spending four days in Beaufort, SC, enjoying top down weather in the Miata. As we got closer to Columbia, SC, needed to make a pit stop and get a bite to eat and stopped at a Chinese restaurant in a shopping center. Weather started getting worse so I pulled the car up under a walkway near a closed Piggly Wiggly and went back in and finished my meal. When it let up a little I thought I would try going home back to NE TN and when I backed out in the rain, I had no windshield wipers. It is not the fuse and I have power on two of the four wires going to the wiper motor and looks like a good ground, so it may be the motor.

Not supposed to be raining here in the morning, but it is at home. Well, this is a problem I never had on my Venture.

Randy

Varmints chewed through the power wires on my wipers back in November, now I'm paranoid about it, especially with all the junk that has to come out to get to the wiring. Plus all the other yummy wires under the Hummer hood. They even built a nest on top of the battery overnight. Now I pop the hood at least once a week. Hope yours is just the motor.