IGNORED

Tried out my "triked" RSV today....

Guest CJVenture

Guest CJVenture

My son came in and helped me get my Insta-Trike mounted and aligned, then we took it out for a test run. He seemed to adapt to the new style of riding more easily than I did, but we both agreed that the stability and control seem fine, though we haven't tried highway speeds yet.

I have attached a pic with saddlebags and fenders still off - I took lots of the entire install sequence if anyone is interested.

Everything fit extremely well, and aside from rather sketchy instructions I had no problems at all. Now for the wiring, lights, etc...

Charlie

:whistling: if all else fails dan, this could work ?? i like it...:smile11:

I agree. At least for a couple of years. It is supposed to be easily and quickly removable. I'm looking in to it for Sherry's "Red Devil". :clap2:

With her bum Left arm and right leg, she can't seem to keep it up anymore. There is a place within a couple hours ride from here - that is going to be a spring project.:thumbsup2:

YEA! That looks like my kina ride. BTW, why did you trike your scoot?

I am tense from fear of dropping my bike. So, who cares what anti-trikers think, I am gonna get my Silverwing triked this spring. Then, there will be NO holding me back! Its better than giving up your scoot.:thumbsup2: Here I come, all kick back and relaxed!

Guest CJVenture

Hey, LadyRider!

You hit it right on the nose, as to why I decided on a trike. I had a 1st gen (87 VR) for 10 years, sold it in 97 or so because my wife's chemo treatments caused pretty severe arthritis so she couldn't ride.

Then last spring (06) I got bike fever again, wife said she wanted to be included, which pretty much put me into touring bikes. Choices were Gold Wing, Harley or RSV, and that was a no-brainer for me after trying all three.

What I didn't count on was the weight of that thing, plus the fact that I've aged another 10 years since I last rode. I'm 68 now, and I discovered that I was afraid of my new RSV at stop lights etc in spite of how much I loved it. So the obvious answer was to make it easier to handle at lights... and since my legs are already too short, doing anything to the suspension that would raise the bike was out of the question, the answer was to trike it. Now all I have to do is un-learn 53 years of riding, and learn to STEER, not LEAN!

Charlie

My wife and I were in the Smokie's last year and saw a wing with a small set of wheels that came down at the redlights and stop signs. Then automaticly went up at a certain speed. Cool and the best of both worlds, the couple on it looked to be in their 70's but the were enjoying the heck out of retirement! I have no idea what it was called or who makes it or if it would be availible for RSV but I told my wife then if we ever had to go the trike route that looked good to me. Still able to lean the curves and a little help in town.:cool10:

Your set up looks good. Post some more pics when it is all back together.