IGNORED

Random false warnings

HI folks, I have an 83 xvz1200 that will cycle through the CM warning symbols while I'm riding. All my systems work fine, I know the side stand is not down while I am travelling at 60 mph. For instance, after riding 10 miles the side stand and oil pressure symbols will appear and go off after a few minutes. The fuel gauge will also show random levels and then return to normal. Other times the tail light warning will come on then go off. I have had the dash out and the board looks brand new. I am not sure if re-soldering the board is the answer. Are there any other options? Thanks for your help, Dale

:goodpost::sign yeah that: Yep time to solder your connections and check your black ribbons connection bend the pins up just a little tiny bit also. But I am betting on Solder points.. and my board looked brand new too. Just not much solder at the points of the plug so they are prone to the broken solder...

If it were mine I would probably pull the headlight, hold a mirror on the dash so I could watch it - turn the key on and tap lightly on the wiring in there and see if I could make it fail while I played with the wiring... Them interrmitent electrical problems can be tricky..

Wonder if the lights flicker when all this is happening?

Thanks for all the info. I found [bryan 52577] pictures on how to solder the board. Are there others out there? I work better from pics than text. I am a little afraid of melting more of the board than intended.

Thanks for all the info. I found [bryan 52577] pictures on how to solder the board. Are there others out there? I work better from pics than text. I am a little afraid of melting more of the board than intended.

If you can see the main plug connectors that is where you solder for the most part what your doing is rejuvenating the solder points, if you look in firstgen tech read only and look under computer I think there is a picture there....

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.

I still say its a loose connection at cms or black ribbon I have had same problems solder it still get random warnings come to find out it was black ribbon guessing it was sort of loose..

Living life one curve after the other. Vroom scooting, thru the countryside.