IGNORED

T.J. - you still looking for a tent?

cowpuc

@T.J. - Just noticed your ad in the classified looking for a tent... FYI - Menards has been our main supplier of two person Tents for the last 10 or so years. Our last major summer of touring was 2014 (health issues after) and we wore out 3 of their tents that summer - their tents are cheap enough (last one I bought was 22 bucks) that it just doesnt pay to try to save them once they wear to the point that they leak. The main reason I went with Menards when I did was because Walmart quit selling the decent cheap (throw away and easily replaceable on the road) but good ventilation tents that I REALLY liked and Menards was the only one who carried something close.. Maybe check at Menards. IMHO, the closer the door bottom is to the bottom of the tent = the better for touring west or south - you want good airflow across your body.. Menards cheapy two man is awesome for this. Also, important is the dome holding up design - Menards two man with the fiberglass rods that slide thru little hopes and bend to form the dome = perfect!! Those "fish poles" that form the dome set in little pockets the tent corners so you dont have to use stakes to keep the tent formed - easy up and easy down!! Have slept two adults for thousands and thousands of miles in them!!

Only problem at all is ya can never get the tent with rods rolled back up into the handy dandy little pouch that comes from factory.. No biggy for me cause I usually leave my sleeping bag, foam tent bottom, extra change of clothes, tent fly and poles laying flat in tent - fold in half - roll up into bedroll with tent door opening on the inside of roll. Tent floor rolled to the outside so the tent floor protects stuff now inside of bed roll from rain.. Works great if ya dont wanna mess with unpacking little tent for set up = 5 minutes from when we stop and we literally can be in the sack for the night - even setting up with no lights!!

Just an FYI my friend - hope ya find what your looking for brother!!

Puc

Wow thats a tent with a lot of miles on it.

T.J. - Just noticed your ad in the classified looking for a tent... FYI - Menards has been our main supplier of two person Tents for the last 10 or so years. Our last major summer of touring was 2014 (health issues after) and we wore out 3 of their tents that summer - their tents are cheap enough (last one I bought was 22 bucks) that it just doesnt pay to try to save them once they wear to the point that they leak. The main reason I went with Menards when I did was because Walmart quit selling the decent cheap (throw away and easily replaceable on the road) but good ventilation tents that I REALLY liked and Menards was the only one who carried something close.. Maybe check at Menards. IMHO, the closer the door bottom is to the bottom of the tent = the better for touring west or south - you want good airflow across your body.. Menards cheapy two man is awesome for this. Also, important is the dome holding up design - Menards two man with the fiberglass rods that slide thru little hopes and bend to form the dome = perfect!! Those "fish poles" that form the dome set in little pockets the tent corners so you dont have to use stakes to keep the tent formed - easy up and easy down!! Have slept two adults for thousands and thousands of miles in them!!

Only problem at all is ya can never get the tent with rods rolled back up into the handy dandy little pouch that comes from factory.. No biggy for me cause I usually leave my sleeping bag, foam tent bottom, extra change of clothes, tent fly and poles laying flat in tent - fold in half - roll up into bedroll with tent door opening on the inside of roll. Tent floor rolled to the outside so the tent floor protects stuff now inside of bed roll from rain.. Works great if ya dont wanna mess with unpacking little tent for set up = 5 minutes from when we stop and we literally can be in the sack for the night - even setting up with no lights!!

Just an FYI my friend - hope ya find what your looking for brother!!

Puc

Thanks Puc for all the info buddy.

I am still looking.

Hope you are doing well and enjoying that new grandbaby.:banana:

Recovering well TEEJ (thanks for the well wish) and you gotta KNOW your ol buddy and his wife are TOTALLY enjoying the Grand Kid!!!!! LIFE IS GRAND WHEN YA GOT A GRAND BABY TO SPOIL ROTTEN!!!:grandma::grandpa::big-grin-emoticon:

ps - been doing a little reading on loop holes for grand pappies with mopeds.. Think i might have found something really interesting.. Looks like to be legal The Kid either has to get a "Moped License" when he is 14 OR be mopeding with a licensed parent or guardian.. Now I gotta do some digging into guardianship papers, probably have to do a little forging of my daughters name therein BUT - me n The Kid may very well be fist bumping while riding side by side for his 4th birthday:thumbsup: - UNLESS GRUMPY GRANDMA (who is reading this over my shoulder) GETS IN THE WAY!!:thumbdown:

Edited by cowpuc

Fun stuff Grandpuc,

I really enjoy mine for sure. I have nine from 11 years to 2 months old. 6 boys 3 girls.

Back to the subject of tents. I have been watching Craigslist for the last week. I picked one up today that I like. It is a Eureka Texragon. The lady used it one time. So now I will be a happy camper. Got it pretty cheap.

Spring is coming.:thumbsup2:

Fun stuff Grandpuc,

I really enjoy mine for sure. I have nine from 11 years to 2 months old. 6 boys 3 girls.

Back to the subject of tents. I have been watching Craigslist for the last week. I picked one up today that I like. It is a Eureka Texragon. The lady used it one time. So now I will be a happy camper. Got it pretty cheap.

That's too bad,,, I have a 11'x15' 2 room canvas tent I haven't been sure what to do with :confused24: It's big enough to sleep in one side and park the bike in the other.

Fun stuff Grandpuc,

I got 23 :innocent-emoticon::mugshot: Grandkids Not Tents!!!

That's too bad,,, I have a 11'x15' 2 room canvas tent I haven't been sure what to do with :confused24: It's big enough to sleep in one side and park the bike in the other.

That's a wee bit BIGGER than what I was looking for. I have a 10 x 20 three room tent that I have had for a long, long time. Did a lot of camping when the kids were little.

I was looking for something small to carry on the bike. The one I picked up is a 5 x 7. Should be the right size for two.20170212_074331.jpg20170212_074927_7.jpg

:clap2: Congrats. You are probably much older than I:hurts: or got a head start in life. I have my hands full with 9. Hunting, fishing

, camping and everything in between. I sure love it.

Ya Calling me a old Man??:think: Jist cause I've already had my 21st Birthday?? :backinmyday: I remember it well!!:Avatars_Gee_George: Yeah it gits crowded round hear at times:mugshot:

Ya Calling me a old Man??:think: Jist cause I've already had my 21st Birthday?? :backinmyday: I remember it well!!:Avatars_Gee_George: Yeah it gits crowded round hear at times:mugshot:

Man o man Dan. I just checked your birthdate and low and behold we are the same. 1949 was a good year. Mine is in March so that makes me just a tad older.:smile5: