IGNORED

82 yamaha vision

Holly

I roadraced one when they were new primarily against Kaw GPZ550's and even won a few races! I'm about halfway down on this page, #51 with the bike painted wht/red TZ250 colors. >> http://ridersofvision.net/Gallery/gallery.html

Carburation was hard to get right, the 83's were a little better. Having the bike in perfect tune and using a exhaust gas analyzer to adjust mixtures helped.

I sometimes think about getting one to restore .....

I roadraced one when they were new primarily against Kaw GPZ550's and even won a few races! I'm about halfway down on this page, #51 with the bike painted wht/red TZ250 colors. >> http://ridersofvision.net/Gallery/gallery.html

Carburation was hard to get right, the 83's were a little better. Having the bike in perfect tune and using a exhaust gas analyzer to adjust mixtures helped.

I sometimes think about getting one to restore .....

I have been looking for one myself check craigslist once a week for one, So are you saying steer clear of the 82's?

Yamaha had a carb kit to be retrofitted on the 82's to address a "bog" just off idle that made an improvement. The 83's were better. I'm not sure I'd say avoid an 82 but an 83 would be preferable.

Also, the 83 had dual disks up front with the 82 sporting a single disk.

Never had the pleasure of owning a Vision but did help a buddy with some carb work on one years ago. The slide/diaphrams in his looked awefully similar to those in my MK1's and I would not be surprised to find out Mom Yam did a little parts sharing between the two. If you end up with the bike and need those parts or are having a problem with hesitation on throttle up, maybe do some comparison between parts if you find you need them. Also, maybe doing the needle height shimming like we do on the V-4's to fatten it up a little.. :2cents:

I know,, confusing BUT - might be some relevance, maybe,,,

PS - it goes without saying - I REALLY like the looks of these "baby Ventures".. Definitely a style I like:Cartoon_397: