IGNORED

Cranking but no start

No not a dumb question, well here is a dumb question where is the shut off, I know there is petcock below the tank on my othe other bike but I do not recall 1 on here, besides it was running a week or so ago and I didn't shut nothing off

Did you turn on the fuel valve? Dumb question, I know but it's happened to me. :o[

If your battery is weak and not putting out enough voltage she will turn over but won't fire. Make sure the run switch is on the right handlebar.

You might jump from a car battery. Do not start the car just hook up the cables. If the TCI is not getting enough voltage the bike won't fire.

You might try putting some gasoline in a small squirt bottle and give each carb a short squirt (manual prime), not too much though, and hit the starter. If the plugs are firing you'll get combustion, albeit for short time. That should tell you quite a bit.

H

Cowpuc would tell you to open a carb drain into a clean jar and cycle the pump a few times to see if the gas is getting to the carbs. If you get no gas, work your way back to the tank. Could be clogged filter, clogged screens on the petcock or deteriorated fuel lines. Good luck and keep us posted.

So after pulling the fuel, pump checking the fuel lines, just decided to bite the bullet and bought a new battery and what do you know the bike started ran rough until it warmed up. but thanks for the help,
A bit more on a related topic: last January my engine was running a bit rough, all four firing but all four plugs were getting sooty. The roughness was not at idle but started at about 3500 RPM and above. I had cleaned all the ignition connectors and the battery terminals with only a minor improvement. The problem turned out to be a bad stator that was only partially charging the battery and probably not putting out enough voltage to adequately supply the coils at the higher RPM. After replacing the stator and doing nothing else the engine ran perfectly and has done so since then.