IGNORED

Clutch switch

I'm still in need of a clutch switch for my '89. In the meantime, I decided to bypass it and now I have my cruise back!!! In my opinion the clutch switch isn't as important as the brake switch when it comes to shutting down ur cruise. How many times have I shifted with the cruise on in the 20+ years I've owned it? - Zero times

So until I find someone willing to part with one I'll live without it. Yamagrl found some on Ebay but they were for '83 & '84's and I'm not sure they are compatible with my '89 setup.

Just make sure you don't try to start bike in gear with the clutch switch jumpered...

I just went out and tried to start the bike in gear and clutch engaged, it wouldn't turn over. However I can't start it in gear with the clutch in either. Not a big deal to me, I normally put it in neutral when I get off anyway.

Hey, cruise control on my '84 has been very finicky. Just not wanting to set at a speed... Turn on and the dash light comes on but push to set and it doesn't lock on.. Is this likely the cruise switch itself or a canceling switch (like clutch switch!).. Sorry not to jack a thread..

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I had some plastic pieces from a Venture I used to melt down and build up the cavity.It was tedious but i got it done. It is in my bike still and works fine. This part is very hard to find so i rebuilt mine.There is lots of current on the contact.I think that is why it melts.