IGNORED

Hitting the road Friday, heading south.

DragonRider

Charlene is down at our son's home babysitting the grandkids while my son and his wife are on a 11 day Alaska cruise. We both couldn't go for the entire time so I will be joining her for a few days this weekend, heading back home Mon. or Tues. This will be my longest solo ride so far, been from here to Memphis on the St. Jude ride going solo, but this is a little longer. Looking forward to some cycle therapy. New tires, brakes oil and filter change the 87 is ready to roll. Just hope the weather clears down there and stays clear for my ride.

Got back from La. yesterday at 5:30 pm, had a great ride down and back home until I got 13 miles from my exit and the skies opened up, I managed to stop and put on my Frog Togs just as the sprinkle hit me, good thing, because as soon as I took off the heavy stuff hit, had to drop down to about 35 with emergency flashers on like every body else was doing, was going to pull under an overpass or exit the interstate but all the 4 wheelers had taken shelter there first, so couldnt escape the rain. It stopped about 3 miles from my exit. The new tires really made a difference never felt uneasy even in the rain. All and all great ride, the 87 performed flawlessly as I hoped it would, like I said this was the first long trip, only thing is gas mileage, guess I need to sync the carbs as my mileage never got over 34 mpg, my 83 was getting over 40 most of the time. All and all I am extremely pleased with the 87.