IGNORED

Looking at a 2000 venture need advice Time sensitive don't want to loose it

I am considering an 2000 venture, looks clean from the photos and he says runs great, all that aside the asking price is 3250.00, it has 70000 miles I am wondering is this a good price, if everything checks out. My 89 only has 30000 miles help please

first that's not a bad price, if it's road ready! I like to tell the seller it's a $4,000 bike but it needs, say; tires, brake work, oil, filter, carb work etc so $2,800 will let me spend the $1200 to get it ready to ride...

Last month I paid 3K for a 99 with 10,800 miles spent quite a bit of time and several hundred and just put 1,900 miles on it around lake superior. I compiled another list of to-do's during the trip.

At 70k on a 16 year old scoot for 3250 I would also be looking for varification of things like rear shock replacement and valve train maintenance.. Here http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/5752919005.html is an 07 with 40k out near you Bella for an asking 3800 but willing to dicker.. 3250 cash may buy the 07 - pretty much rest assured that 3500 would take it.. You can probably see where I am going with my thoughts,, 7 year newer scoot - less mileage for roughly a 500 dollar variance.. If nothing else it shows that your not looking at a steal but an ok price..

Hey,, wait a minute here,,, a year 2000 - is that one of those MM's - tan seat and white in color? If so,, could be a different story if that is what your looking for and that is what he is selling - those are "numbered" scoots,, collectables as it were.. If thats the case, its in good shape and thats what YOU like than yea,, good deal!! I would still be looking at the rear shock and making sure it aint leaking, take a peek at the valve covers and see if its got newer gaskets in it and check the other stuff mentioned too though cause its still subject to all the above - may as well know what your gonna have to add to get the next 200k out of her!!:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Bottom line - you really dont know what you got with either of em till ya go see em in person - pics tend to be pretty deceiving,, not always but sometimes...:missingtooth: