IGNORED

Mystery parts ID?

99 RSV

first part was in the side bag, no idea where it goes, It COULD be from something else.....

second mystery what is the purpose of the wire bracket and chrome cover on the rear cam cover?

Wondering, wandering mind.20160808_114619.jpg20160808_114615.jpg20160808_114543.jpg

First photos are the rubber boots that cover the front mounting bolts and "ears" of the fuel tank where it bolts to the neck/head of the frame. Look just behind the right front turn signal in the attached photo.

Yamaha XVZ1300A Royal Star Venture 96.jpg

The best I know of the 2nd photo is that its a heat shield and guard to keep from roasting your leg on the valve cover.

The heat shield part is there "according to Yamaha rep" I spoke with once is to deflect fuel that could get spilled when filing the tank away from the motor, just telling what I was told.

The wire thingy is there to remind not to wear shorts when riding a motorcycle, because that little bugger will burn the crap out of you if you do, don't ask me how I know that. :doh:

Yep, you should have seen the look on his face when I pointed out to him that the one we were looking at, which happened to be on a display bike at the Yamaha factory tent in Daytona during bike week, was on the wrong side of the bike to do any good. I asked; Why this one was on the right while mine was on the left? He scurried right off to get a technician, I came back later in the day and it had been swapped to the other side.