IGNORED

LED Directionals still blinking too fast

clav_guy

So I went to my local Yamaha dealer and ordered two sets of LED directional lights for my 2006 RSV.

They sold me a Rear LED conversion kit and a Front LED conversion kit from Big Bike Parts and the load equalization resistors from Bike Master (#26-6242)

I installed everything according to the directions.

Prior to installing the equalization resistors, I did a quick test and the blinkers were flashing really fast. After installing the resistors they are still blinking too fast. Not "machine gun" fast as a previous poster said but faster than what I like.

Any ideas as to what my next step might be?

Thanks in advance

Pierre

You need one load equalizer for the front and one for the back. With my Custom Dynamics run/turn/brake (rear - no LED's on the front) I had to add a second load balancer/resister. Then my lights worked properly.

I'll assume you have load resistor on the front lights as well as the rear.....Eliminate where the issue is by putting incandescent bulbs in the front and see if the blinking goes back to normal. If not, repeat the test with the rear. If both tests don't resolve the problem, then hook up both load resisters to the rear, incandescent bulbs in front. If that fixes the problem, then try the LED's in front. If they start flashing fast....then you need to double up the resistors on the front too.