IGNORED

cb transmits only when wheel is full right

cheny

The cb transmits when the wheel is full right to almost center. Past that point it will no longer transmit. It receives all the time.

I have wiggled and jiggled every wire, connection, and button I can find that is related to the cb.

How does wheel position affect the transmitting of the cb radio?

The cb, antenna and connections are all newly replaced.

Now what?

When you say it won't transmit do you mean it stays in receive mode or is it transmitting without modulation (your voice).

If the radio stays in receive mode I'd look at the wiring for the push to talk switch. It's going to be a part of the bundle going from the left handle bar switch group down to the steering head, and then either into the headlamp housing or under the tank. Flexing at the steering head may have broken a wire that is giving an intermittent connection.

On the left side where the cables for all that stuff run, look for a flat or pinched spot. If it is transmitting without the button I think it may have a pinched spot and be shorting out. Under the fairing on the right side is a large bundle of connectors for all the comm's

I had to replace the main cable that runs from under the fairing to the back fender on two different RSVs due to a pinched or worn spot at the steering head. There was no physical damage evident but by wiggling the cable the intercom would cut in and out. Mine showed up as issues with the intercom system but any wire could be damaged in the bundle.