IGNORED

rear suspension

Ok So I was out riding out yesterday on my way to a family reunion. when I started to hear a clicking noise out of the rear suspension. At first I didn't know where it was at. But today riding around town running some errands I noticed it would make this clicking noise at low speeds every time I hit a bump. 1st let me put this in. My class system is showing 50 pounds in the rear. it still has a nice comfortable ride. I just don't know about the clicking noise. Has anyone had this issue?

thanks in advance

Greg

Lots of things going on in the back end of a scoot.. Could be dryness on the swingarm bushings, shock linkage, loose shock, rear brake caliper related, dry pins in the drive, shock wore out, bearing related or - even a stick/weeds stuck in there somewhere from doing a little two trackin :hihi:.. I am with Black Wing = give er a good shake down and see what ya find..

I had a sticky brake on the back of Tweeksis, put her up on the center stand - cleaned the rear brake pistons = seems much better so far but - while I was cleaning em I put a little side pressure on her back end and heard a "swooshing" sound that sounded like a horse shooing away flies with its tail :yikes:.. Investigation into the new noise showed that the red - white n blue party beads she has hanging on her rear rack were moving and rubbing on her rear rack :rotf:... You havent added any new bling on your scoot that may be causing a new noise have you Speed?

Lots of things going on in the back end of a scoot.. Could be dryness on the swingarm bushings, shock linkage, loose shock, rear brake caliper related, dry pins in the drive, shock wore out, bearing related or - even a stick/weeds stuck in there somewhere from doing a little two trackin :hihi:.. I am with Black Wing = give er a good shake down and see what ya find..

I had a sticky brake on the back of Tweeksis, put her up on the center stand - cleaned the rear brake pistons = seems much better so far but - while I was cleaning em I put a little side pressure on her back end and heard a "swooshing" sound that sounded like a horse shooing away flies with its tail :yikes:.. Investigation into the new noise showed that the red - white n blue party beads she has hanging on her rear rack were moving and rubbing on her rear rack :rotf:... You havent added any new bling on your scoot that may be causing a new noise have you Speed?

No Puc I haven't. It's up on the center stand now. I'll look more closely when I get off work tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

After further inspection, there is a little movement on the swing arm bearings. Also I put a new tire on last May & it looks like it's cupping again. Could this be part of the bearings being bad?

In a word, maybe...

Does the swing arm have any noticeable side movement?? If so most likely bad bearings, they are probably the originals and almost 30 years old!

How would I check for side to side movement?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

In a word, maybe...

Does the swing arm have any noticeable side movement?? If so most likely bad bearings, they are probably the originals and almost 30 years old!

I'm willing to bet they are.

Best way to test for side play is with wheel removed, try twisting the swing arm assembly at the ends sideways, they should be absolutely rigid. If it feels like you can move it sideways say like 1/8'; or so, or if it feels like it has a "click" then either the retaining bolts are loose or your bearings are shot...