IGNORED

Yamaha ATV question

bj66

I need some input on the Yamaha Grizzly and Kodiak 4 wheelers if any of you have any experience with either one. My Kawasaki side by side went down and it will be very expensive to fix considering it is 7 years old already. I'm to the point where it might be money well spent just to move on from the Kawasaki.

I am not familiar with either of the atvs, but the Kodiak is the cheaper of the 2. The Grizzly is an awesome atv though, and it may be worth it to go that route. But the Grizzly is getting pretty high priced.

I know that this isn't the best place for this exact question, but I value the opinions on this site. Besides its about a Yamaha :)

Thanks in advance

And Puc, if you were closer, I'd get all the Kawasaki parts and just let you have at it.......

Edited by bj66

if I'm going to replace the side by side with the 4 wheeler, I'd probably go new. Around here buying a used 4 wheeler can be a crap shoot. You never know, some of them have had a hard life on some cattle ranches....

Rock n roll brother!! The Kodiac was always the lower dollar - sportier of the two.. The Grizz = much more torque monstering, hard pulling, mud crawling, work horse.. I know I have sold a few of each of them thru the years and know that the Griz is/was built tougher.. I do think the Kodiac has been updated thru the years though and has probably caught up with the Griz in motor size BUT - if it were me and I was gonna by one for farm use, REAL hunting use, dragging my kids car of the ditches and all that nasty muddy stuff,,, I would spend the xtra $ and grab a Griz...

Not sure how it is now but the Griz also had some pretty cool add ons you could get that you could not find for the Kody.. Might wanna check that..

I have a 99 Griz and would not get anything else. It has been put through the mill but it keeps on running. I got it when my oldest son turned 16 and he ran the crap out of it, had both the services the one at 500 miles in one week and the 2500 miles in two months. Yes I have spent some $$$ in repairs over the years but it was $$$ well spent.

Have owned several Grizzlies through the years, all great machines, took a beating and needed minimal maintenance.

Had an older Kodiak, good machine but it was the old straight axle. Haven't ridden the new version

Best advice I can give you and have lived by is. Go ride them both and see which fits you and your riding style best. Have seen many many people regret buying the cheaper one and wind up trading up, Also have seen many regret the higher priced machine because it didn't fit them right