IGNORED

Just a quick note of appreciation

bostonlawman2003

Hey all, I just wanted to post publicly how much I appreciate this forum and all the members here. I have learned so much by reading through the years and years of excellent posts and I am so grateful for all the knowledge that is available here. Without this group I would never have had the confidence to attempt a clutch upgrade, or ignition bypass, or any of the several other projects that I've done over the past 5 years. I hate taking my bike to a shop to be worked on, one because of the outrageous cost of shop time now, and two, because it seems that no matter what you have them do, it is seldom done to the level that you personally would like to see. My 05 RSV has the "click" coming from the splines of the final drive, when I had tires put on last spring I took in the printout from the tech section and asked them to please make sure when the wheel is off they greased the hell out of the splines. They wouldn't even look at the papers. I should have walked out then and gone elsewhere, but there are so few options around here for Yamaha service. I have a friend with a lift, so I think after my trip next week to NY I will be spending a day at his house, with my laptop, and taking the wheel off and greasing the splines myself. I've never taken a wheel off, but reading the tech section here I am not afraid of doing it, in fact, I'm kind of looking forward to backing into the garage when I get home that day and not sounding like there's a baseball card in my BMX bike spokes.

So, a heartfelt Thank You to everyone here for sharing what you have and listening to my novice mechanic questions and answering them honestly and with the patience of a teacher.

Hoping to make it to MD in Ohio next year, it just wasn't in the cards this year.

Joe

Joe taking the back wheel off to grease the splines is not a hard job at all. There is a clip ring on the wheel hub that when it is has a lot of grease on it it is hard to see. And make sure that you separate the brake shoes a little so that they will go back over the rotor without any problem.